I am a dedicated, motivated, and creative individual with a wide array of experiences and knowledge. I thrive in fast paced, constantly changing, challenging, and creative environments. I am a very fast learner and am able to adapt to changes in the work environment rapidly and efficiently. I have a passion for communicating, creating new relationships and interacting with individuals including both clients and staff at all levels. In addition to a career in marketing and public relations, I am looking for a position that allows me to use my creative and design side as well as the expansive business skills I have obtained throughout my career.
Days Inn, Banning, CA, US, General Manager
Human Resources Manager
• Report, manage, and reconcile payroll.
• Manage all department staffing logistics such as calculating salaries, wage rates, and bonuses, scheduling, training, hiring, and terminating employees.
• Manage employee inquiries and correspondence with Employee Development Department and IRS.
• Ensure employee operations correspond with up-to-date Department of Labor and state laws.
Front Desk Manager
• Implement periodic relationship management and customer service training for front desk staff.
• Manage online central reservations, phone reservations, customer service inquiries, and property direct sales.
• Adjust hotel rates based on current market trends, special events, and competitive pricing in area.
• Manage cash sales, daily deposits, credit card sales, night audit reporting, STARR reporting, and monthly room revenue reports.
• Work directly with contracted vendors for maintenance, landscape, paving, pool, carpet, and plumbing improvements.
• Implement quality assurance updates to brand as requested by Wyndham Franchise and conduct mock Quality Assurance inspections to prepare for annual inspections from Franchise.
• Account manager for accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly Franchise revenue reporting and Franchise royalties.
• Work with Department of Environmental Health to ensure operations meet health department standards and regulations.
• Manage inventory, purchasing, and ordering of hotel supplies.
• Identify local competition, research and understand target market, set marketing goals and strategies, implement communications and plans.
• Obtain new customers by exploring new markets and offering periodic promotions.
• Promote sales by marketing directly to local businesses and maintaining relationships and referral partnerships.
• Promote property awareness through secured external channels such as the Wyndham Rewards program, Third Party Websites, Lanyon Corporate Bid Auctions, Corporate Lodging Consultants, Triple A, Trip Advisor, and Booking.com.
• Work directly with regional Director of Operations quarterly to reestablish presence and demand in local market.
Eagle’s Nest Clubhouse at the Navy Golf Course, Cypress, CA, US, Event and Marketing Coordinator
• Planned, organized, and directed sales and marketing tradeshows, expos and conventions.
• Implemented new marketing and advertising plans resulting in increased sales within 2 months of hire date.
• Secured new clients through extensive sales plans including telemarketing, web-based marketing, and personal representation to nearby corporations.
• Increased public awareness of our facility and services by creating relationships with vendors in industry such as caterers, rental companies, government agencies, corporations, and event planners.
• Lead Event Coordinator for corporate meetings, social events, charity benefits, and tradeshows held at our facility.
• Reduced overhead by researching and replacing existing vendors with more cost-efficient ones.
Abacus Payroll Services, Cerritos, CA, US, Payroll Marketing Associate
• Performed client conversion for over 700 clients from one software platform to another.
• Entered payroll data for hours worked and salaries, computed taxes and deductions, and performed quarter-end reconciliation.
• Assisted Marketing Team in exercising marketing and sales plans, obtaining new clients and setting up potential client meetings.
• Designed and prepared forms for new clients, set up new clients in payroll software, and followed up with clients to ensure efficiency and satisfaction.
• Calculated and managed employee verification reports, garnishments, wage orders, pension plans, and medical deductions.
• Prepared and generated payroll reports upon request including check reconciliation, general ledger, direct deposit, payroll register, timesheet, and cash analysis reports.
U.F.O Design, Huntington Beach, CA, US, Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing
• Expanded customer relationships, achieved efficiency goals, and exceeded customer service expectations.
• Performed data entry tasks and letter composition for new and existing clients.
• Managed recruiting and staffing logistics, employee orientation and training.
• Managed order entry and followed up on scheduling.
• Coordinated marketing booth at annual Pacific Design and Manufacturing Tradeshow at Anaheim Convention Center for two consecutive years.
Robert P. Newman, M.D. Radiologist, Fountain Valley, CA, US, Account and Relationship Manager
• Managed operations activities to ensure excellent service delivery.
• Maximized profitability by increasing efficiency, decreasing x-ray reading time, and managing dictations.
• Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll accounts.
• Obtained new clients through telemarketing, advertising, and medical events.
• Drafted, proofread and composed STAT reports for radiologist regarding patient x-rays, mammograms, ultrasounds and MRI's.
• Organized, sorted, and prepared films for examination and dictation by radiologist.
Springdale Country, Huntington Beach, CA, US, Account and Sales Manager
• Entered daily cash sales, managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing.
• Assisted customers in online sales and customer service.
• Obtained new accounts and maintained relationships with existing accounts.
• Monitored and screened phone lines.
• Organized and managed incoming and outgoing mail.
• Coordinated with store staff and management for sales events and promotions.
Wells Fargo Bank, Fountain Valley, CA, US, Intern
• Assisted with various bank transactions such as processing withdrawals, cashed checks, and deposits.
• Assisted in all areas of customer service and relationship management.
• Assisted in selling and obtaining new accounts, upgrading existing customer accounts, and providing customers with knowledge on various products and services.
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), Long Beach, CA, US, Bachelors, Business - Accounting and Finance
Business courses in the following areas:
Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, Economics, Business Ethics, Real Estate and Law.