see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
Along with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and four years completed in a prestigious Architectural Studies program, I am also LEED AP Certified. I began my design career in earnest at Steelcase, Inc. in 1996, where I was part of a team that opened a new branch to coordinate project designs across northwest Mexico. As Vice President of the Design Department, I also traveled across the region to train design staff on the creative use of refurbished materials in design projects. For the past seven years, I have served as Designer for my own firm, Modo Design, LLC, in New York City, where I have excelled in applying the skills I’ve developed throughout my career.
During my experience, I have proven to be an excellent motivator with the aptitude for assessing client and corporate requirements, and delivering robust solutions that meet goals and remain within budgetary guidelines. Additionally, I am a hands-on problem-solver, astute business strategist, and motivated leader who models success for my staff. This insight affords me quick acceptance into the culture of any organization, and relevance at all levels.
Firm Profile: http://archinect.com/mododesignnyc
Modo Design NYC, principal
Leveraged creativity and previous design/architectural success to establish a firm delivering highly specialized design services to a variety of commercial and residential clients. Works closely with clients on a new concept; utilizes creative vision to bring the concept to life, managing every phase of the project through to completion. Directs the day-to-day administrative activities including marketing, sales, staff management, AR, and AP.
• Enhanced client service offerings by establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships with a variety of consultants, vendors, and contractors.
• Grew a strong client base through perseverance, design excellence, and consistently exceeding clients’ expectations.
• Achieved hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings for corporate clients by using refurbished/recycled materials and through expert budget management through design and construction.
• Personally directed all phases of design and construction, delivering projects of up to 36,000 square feet on time and within budget.
American Office Furniture, Interiror Designer-Sales
Brought on board to start up a new design department for this leading local office furniture company. Led the space and budget planning for all projects; facilitated the successful execution of projects from design and planning through completion.
• Established, staffed, and directed the design function for the company, increasing customer value and generating $1M sales in the first year.
• Proactively pursued and secured clients, delivering one-on-one attention to their design needs that resulted in a 30% increase in the client base.
• Entrusted by the company Owner to negotiate and close high-value sale
Steelcase Mexico, VP- Design department
Key member of an elite team charged with opening a new branch to coordinate the design of all projects in northwest Mexico. Partnered with the regional director on the planning and execution of high-profile projects above $500K.
• Opened three additional studios in different states, training and mentoring design staff on using refurbished materials to minimize costs while maintaining quality.
• Personally traveled across the region to visit clients, coordinate projects, and deliver on-site training, which helped increase the client base by 20% every year.
Lighting Design Studio, Principal
Created this firm, to take advantage of an unexploited niche in Mexico at that time. Develop a large range of clientele from private clients to interior designers and construction companies. Personally designed and coordinated all projects.
New York University (NYU), Construction Project Manager
Learn how to bring a construction project forward in a timely and cost-effective manner. This highly popular credential is recognized by the construction industry for its comprehensiveness and relevance, as well as its role in professionalizing the industry.
Upon completion of the program, students have mastered the following:
* Pre-construction services, as well as many political and professional aspects of the world of owners, designers, tenants, regulatory agencies, community agencies, and contractors.
* Bidding and award practices.
* Planning, scheduling, and control systems.
* Project delivery methods.
* Contracts, estimating, and quality assurance.
Universidad Autónoma de Chiapas, Bachelors, Business Administration
Completed specialized courses in Business administration including accounting, economic theory, fiance, fiscal law and organization development
Universidad Regiomontana, Architecture
Studied four years of a five year of Architecture program. I completed all my electives with a high scores.