AMIT BARVE OBJECTIVE
7345 Woodward Ave Apt #306 Woodridge, IL 60517
Phone: (630) 345-0719 (M) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE Seeking a full time position in civil engineering/architecture field where I can leverage my construction background and work experience to make an immediate impact to the organization. EDUCATION Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Specialization: Construction Engineering Management) California State University, Long Beach August 2013 Bachelor of Architecture (Five Year Degree) School of Architecture IPSA, Indore, India September 2004
SUMMARY: Strong architectural and construction background with extensive BIM modeling using Revit Architecture (~7 years’ experience). Create construction documents (PSE). Project and resource management for successful execution of the project. COMPUTER SKILLS Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, 3D StudioVIZ, SketchUp, MS Project, SureTrak, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite. Project Engineer, Sep 2013 –Jun 2014 Tri-State Enterprises, Inc., Chicago
- Utilized Revit Architecture 2015 for 3D modeling & walk-throughs.
- Created and corrected construction documents in AutoCAD for industrial and pre-engineered metal structures.
- Attended pre-bid meetings, prepared submittals and shop drawings.
- Conducted job walks and corrected construction documents to match site conditions.
Project Management Intern Aug 2012 Orange County Community Resources, CA
- Created a vendor selection process and analysis tool for Irvine Regional Park furniture bids.
- Analyzed infrastructure blueprints and construction documents for Carbon Canyon Regional Park sidewalks.
- Conducted a job walk and corrected construction documents to match site conditions.
- Updated as built drawings.
- Provided detailed quantity takeoffs for material required for sidewalk repair.
Project Manager/Architect Dec 2009 – July 2010 Julka Architects and Engineers, India
- As an architect, lead a team of three junior architects and one interior designer to conceptualize and design multiple projects;notable among them being Sayaji Hotel in Indore (http://sayajihotels.com/indorehotel/indoreindex.htm), ISKCON temple in Dewas and a 50 unit Residential township in Jhalawar.
- Setting up the initial BIM model in Revit Architecture, input AutoCAD drawings, created custom families, created full sets of construction documents, coordinate with MEP and structural engineers.
- As a project manager, lead a team of project coordinators to translate construction documents into project plans and oversaw project execution. Project planning and execution was done using MS Project.
- Cost reports, and engineering expertise to the specific tasks of developing the conceptual estimates.
Architect May 2007 – Nov 2009 L.S. Vaswani Architects Pvt. Ltd., India
- Conceptualized and designed several projects with direct client communication. Notable projects include – 250 Acre Ansal Integrated Township (http://www.ansals.com/ansal-town-indore/), Fortune Landmark Hotel (http://www.fortunehotels.in/hotel/Indore-Fortune_Landmark.aspx).
- Construction documents were created using Revit Architecture and AutoCAD.
- Was the “Revit champion” for the firm, helped to train and create BIM standards for the firm.
- Managed onsite construction. Projects were managed using MS Project and Project Management Planner.
- Detailed and accurate material and labor cost estimating using MS Excel.
Architect, May 2004 – Feb 2007 Yadav and Associates, India
- Responsible for preparing construction documents, estimates, presentations and as built drawings.
- Key source of information for staff in a quick, professional and considerate manner.
- As an Assistant Architect, I designed variety ofprojects; notable among them being Acropolis Institute of Technology and Research (http://aitr.ac.in/) and SDPS International Girls College in Indore (http://school.sdps.edu.in).
CERTIFICATIONS Autodesk Revit Professional LEED 101: Green Building Basics and LEED® Online Course LEED 201: LEED® Core Concepts & Strategies Online Course AFFILIATION Registered Architect under Counsel of Architecture (COA), India Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) Architecture-Design Search Associates BIM Experts Group
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), Long Beach, CA, US, Masters, MSCE
Specialization in Construction Engineering Management.
School Of Architecture IPSA, Indore/India, BArch, Architecture
Five Year Degree Course