Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Boulder, CO, US, Architect 1
- I began as an AutoCAD drafter to complete record drawings of the Boulder, Colorado campus.
- I worked with the division’s engineers and architects creating design and construction documents, specifications, and estimates for smaller building repairs and additions. With these projects I learned building code regulations as well as fire protection designs.
- I was also involved in the construction process to communicate between the division, clients and contractors.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, US, MArch, School of Architecture
- Studied a range of projects from small pavilions to large master plans.
- Received a Certificate in City Design in addition to my degree.
- Worked on Summer 2011 Design/Build studio. Students designed and built a shade and stage pavilion for Durham City Park in Durham, North Carolina.
- Worked on several design competitions including NC Sustainable Building Design Competition and Urban Land Institute Gerald D. Hines Competition.
- Experienced with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-up, V-Ray, and have been exposed to Rhino.
- Site Analysis and diagramming.
University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO, US, Bachelors, College of Environmental Design
- Focused on the development of Architecture skills including drafting, graphics, and digital representation.
Kamphoefner Fellow, Award
Awarded to outstanding Master of Architecture students in the year of graduation.
Teams were asked to design a small community plan for economical and sustainable housing in Raleigh, NC.
The pavilion designed and built by the Design/Build Studio was chosen for the Best Development in Durham, North Carolina for 2011.