Nixie Pardi is a graduate from Parsons The New School for Design in Interior Design. Through the curriculum of School of Constructive Environments (Product Design, Interior Design, Architecture, and Lighting), she is grounded in an environment where there is an integration of multiple of design fields, resulting in a unique approach to solving problems and creating a vision.
She is interested in exploring architecture that promotes a public way of development and its importance in impacting the community. Through the current provisional architecture and its possibility in integration with other divisions in art, she continues to explore architecture through different media.
Her work can be explored more at www.nixiepardi.com
Wanted Design, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer Free lance
- Designing the exhibition space for Wanted Design 2013
- Individually manages and communicates with vendors and other design teams.
Rebecca Alston Inc, New York, NY, US, Interior Architect
- Individually managed and designed multiple rooms of the first phase of a house in New Hampshire:
- Communicated with engineer and contractors to follow through with the project by drafting, phone communication, and travelling to site.
Empowerhouse Collaborative, New York, Research Assistant
- Assisted in orchestrating the construction of Empowerhouse, an affordable net zero housing in Washington, DC with DC Habitat.
- Designed graphics for communication for the project and designed stair railway detail of the house through rendering and drafting
Yabu Pushelberg Charrette Design Workshop, New York, Design Participant
- Selected and collaborated with students from different design fields in Parsons to design a hotel lobby.
- Produced set of drawings and rendered spatial experience for final review by George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg.
International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), New York, Design Participant
- Selected and collaborated with students from different design fields in Parsons to design a booth for Metropolis Magazine led by David Stark.
- Worked on all phases of the project: designed, rendered, constructed booth, created client presentations, and managed the project.
Wid Chapman Architects, New York, Interior Architecture Design Intern
- Collaborated to design all aspects of the project from measuring on-site, conceptualizing, rendering, drafting, prepared bid-set.
- Produced purchase orders, budget sheets, FF&E, and independently communicated with vendor and obtained materials.
DIANE BURGIO DESIGN, Long Island City, New York, Interior Design Intern
- Created presentations and on-site meetings with client and vendors and individually selected fabrics and communicated with vendors.
- Drafted spatial moments for testing decorations and provided alternates for the client and designed customized furniture.
Insada Integrated Design Team, Jakarta, Indonesia, Interior Architecture Design Intern
- Created and presented mood boards and colors schemes for company presentations.
- Assisted in managing the opening of Hotel Grand Indonesia Kempinski from time schedule spreadsheet and outsourcing.
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Thesis Work, Other
Thesis Work selected and presented in the Parsons Newschool Website
Archived studio project, Other
Elsie May Gross Scholarship Award, Nomination
Nominated as a preventative from Parsons the Newschool for Design, my work was shown in a gallery and presented in the Decorators Club.
Dean’s Scholarship Parsons, Scholarship
Scholarship given to a couple of student due to performance in the school.
This award was valid until the Fall 2011