My early career was spent in high-end residential custom home building and interior design. All aspects of luxury custom projects have been part of my portfolio including overall architectural design, interior design, space planning, decoration, pool and hardscape design, and accessory structures. Additional projects (approx 50+) have varied from small commercial (professional offices) to hospitality (bed and breakfast) to recreational (several country clubs). On the residential side, I have worked on over 200 built projects, ranging in value from $180K to over $4M, cost per square foot of between $125 to over $700. Non- residential projects have varied similarly.
Currently I’m working freelance various residential design opportunities through my company, and working with other design firms on exhibit work. I have enjoyed developing a unified connection between physical design concepts and existing Brand language. Have provided design consultation and finished working drawings for major auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, a ubiquitous software developer/gaming console developer and a cosmetics company. I would like to join a larger firm however.
High end residential design and finished construction; masonry design and construction techniques; construction and design for high wind and flood zones; pool, landscape and outdoor space design; commercial and residential interior design and decorating; temporary architecture; exhibit design; brand synergy and theatrical design.
1404designs, Santa Monica, CA, Designer
• Architectural and Interior designer for a whole house remodel in Malibu, California. Including complete interior space redesign, future site revisions (pool/patio spaces, and accessory structures), complete materials, furniture, plumbing, electrical and finish selections;
• Architectural design of several residential accessory structures (multi-purpose garden rooms, and children’s play structures);
• Space Planner and Associate Designer for major automotive manufacturer’s press show in Southern California;
• Production Artist and Space Planner for Herbalife vendor show at the Los Angeles Convention Center in March of 2012;
• Associate architectural and interior designer for major software and hardware developer’s trade show booth, conference room/meeting space requirements and retail experience presence for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 E3, CES and Gamescom trade shows. This includes new and redesign/repurposing of assets (booth, meeting room and retail center design). Total square footage varied between 15,000 and 30,000 total square feet;
• Associate interior designer and space planning for major software developer’s presence at Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2011. This consisted of their executive meeting center, including internal space planning and fixture design;
• Associate designer for major luxury automaker’s internal training seminar series in the Fall of 2010;
• Associate designer for major software developer’s worldwide partner conference in Washington DC, July 2010. Including space planning and layout of show floor (350,000SF), design of business group scenario theaters, main theater, overhead/aerial banner elements and large business group hubs;
• Associate designer for major software developer’s mobile telephone division’s trade show presence at the Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona 2010. This included booth design, press event design and executive meeting center design. All aspects of architectural and interior design, coordination of design theme across the three locations, coordination with graphic designer, and numerous revisions;
• Associate designer for Canada Pavilion Bid, Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics, focusing primarily on space planning and programming;
• Associate architectural and interior designer for Lexus Corporation, Taste of Lexus China tour. This included all aspects of environmental graphic design from tent interior space design and layout, to theater design, and all display fixture designs;
• Designed product demonstration center (retail store) space for Mary Kay Corporation, Changsha, China location, including overall retail space layout, all interior specialty fixtures, material selections, and exterior signage. Coordinated design concept with Graphic Design Director to create a harmonized retail demonstration experience. Changsha location will serve as a prototype for all future centers in East Asia;
• Associate designer for Ford Corporation vehicle display / marketing area for the BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma. This involved designing an innovative physical environment to showcase Ford products as well as creating exciting graphic displays (coordinated with Graphic Design Director) that highlighted Ford’s commitments to innovation and the environment;
• Operated a freelance design/drafting practice (prior to 1404designs in Florida) providing interior design and technical drawings, architectural designs, garden/pool designs, and for Roger Duffala Interior Designs and Robert john Dean Interior Design & Space Planning. These include high end residential (over $500 per square foot), private recreational and several commercial office projects (individual offices and whole buildings);
Sawhorse Inc., Atlanta, GA, US, Architectural Designer
Senior Architectural Designer for one of Atlanta's oldest home remodeling firms. Responsible for overall architectural design, team leadership, finish design, in office project management (bid process, change orders, etc.), and permitting. Firm ceased operations in 2008, and company name sold on to another company.
While serving as one of the architectural designers for Sawhorse Inc., signed over half the company’s yearly revenue in four months time. This included one whole house renovation and a complete build-out of 4000SF of basement space plus a substantial exterior living space addition;
Anglo Homes, Tierra Verde, FL, US, Assistant Architectural Designer
• Architectural and interior designer (as assistant and lead) for custom homes and custom renovations varying in cost from $50,000 to over $2,500,000 (250 square feet to over 14,000). These projects included: complete interior renovations, new frame lateral additions, new elevated masonry structures (new homes 4000sf plus and additions), interior/exterior accessories and accessory structures, and pool surrounds & outdoor living spaces;
• Developed designs of several planned communities (townhouses and multi-story multifamily). Familiar with ADA and accessibility principles;
• Total number of built projects is over 200 individual jobs, equally mixed between large (4000 SF+) custom homes and many small interior renovations and remodels (both residential and commercial office spaces);
• Managed custom home projects, involving simultaneous organization of multiple projects for multiple clients, permitting, scheduling, estimating, meeting with clients and building officials on a variety of issues, organizing bids/contracts, and closing/finishing details;
• Worked with clients and senior designer to develop the design, budgetary constraints, engineering factors, and interior/exterior design characteristics;
University of South Florida, Tampa, Masters, Poli. Sci