Can be anywhere i am needed in this world
see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Review of my credentials will confirm that I have served successfully as a team oriented individual with notable architectural design firms. My design and detailing skills combined with project coordination experience are complimented by my interpersonal ingenuity. I have a proven track record of working on all phases of projects from programming and schematic design, to team coordination with engineering consultants to construction management through to a successful project close out. My resume and portfolio reflects the scope and breadth of my experience.
Other highlights of my background and skills that may be of interest include;
· I am a self-motivated team player, who is capable of both independent and collaborative work.
· I have a keen interest in project improvement, implementing quickly and effective changes, and problem solving.
· I have efficient time management capabilities with a strong ability to plan and coordinate multiple complex projects under aggressive timelines, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
· I enjoy materials and systems research and examining other project trades.
· I have a strong project team leadership with a natural ability to establish consensus among entire project team.
· As a professional I possess good communication skills, dynamic presentation/ public speaking style with the ability to build relationships within and outside an organization.
· My professional work experience include the following project types; Mixed Use, Commercial, Educational, Residential, Health Care, Corporate, Transportation/Aviation, Industrial, Interiors and Urban Design/Master Planning.
My goal is to infuse my enthusiasm, creativity and experience into a successful, high profile architecture firm such as yours where I can continue my professional development towards becoming a well-rounded architect. I would very much like to commit to a position at your firm that will further my knowledge of the profession as I continue to obtain licensure.
KTH Architects Inc., Intermediate Architect,Junior Project Manager
· Operated as Junior Project Architect/Manager. Daily duties involved client interface and coordinating projects with other project disciplines and engineers.
· Experienced throughout all phases of design, permitting, code and zoning analysis, documentation and construction administration. Very proficient in preparing architectural plans, elevations, sections, details and working within project schedules and budget guidelines
· Developed, managed, and documented project designs utilizing AutoCAD or Revit, and Photoshop.
· Provided Construction Administration support; reviewed submittals to ensure compliance with construction documents, codes and project scope, reviewed and approved pay requests and responded to RFI’s.
· Visited construction sites and documented existing conditions of site for new construction and historic adaptive re-use projects.
· Prepared project manuals that incorporate client’s non-technical documents, associated consultants specification sections and architectural technical specifications. Also maintained product files and materials samples.
· Lead coordination and pre-bid and project kick off conferences to verify SOW and set schedules.
· Assisted drafting staff through assigning and mentored with regards to graphic and drafting standards.
· Independently lead progress design review meetings and generate meeting minutes.
· Generated field observation reports on a regular basis during construction.
· Performed punch list and turn key procedures as well as prepare as-built documentation for project close out.
Gresham, Smith & Partners, Intern Architect
· Operated as an Intern Architect, which included preparation of schematic and construction documents, materials and systems research and presentations.
· Performed QA/QC checks of the project progress throughout each phase, also experienced in preparing addendums to construction documents and project manual prior to bid.
· Assemble material boards, color boards, presentation packages, proposals, and client meetings materials as required throughout the development of the project. Made public design presentations to clients and sponsors at local and regional forums.
· Participated in pilot project utilizing of BIM (Building Information Modeling for Microstation.)
· Coordinated and led design charettes. Conscientiously developed a solid understanding of other project trades by engaging in multi-disciplinary design collaboration.
· As a team player established Contractor-Architect relationship by being actively involved in the construction administration process to ensure a smooth project execution.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Urban Designer
· Built models for the I-49 reconstruction proposal project. Assisted in research, site analysis and drafting of proposal for a master plan of Jonesboro, LA. -Urban design project.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, MArch, Architecture
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, BArch, Architecture
Design Excellence Award, Award
For outstanding contribution to design excellence at Gresham Smith and Partners