I am a May 2012 graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology/SUNY’s interior design program. Throughout my studies at FIT, I learned all aspects of the design process from schematic designing and construction documents to lighting, color theory and materials. I also worked on a thesis, which involved the study of biophilia and biomimicry. For my thesis project, I designed an environmental center that served as an exhibition space, bringing the community together to learn about climate issues and how to live a healthier life, as well as a research area in which scientists could pursue environmental research. As my portfolio shows, I am able to apply my design skills to a wide range of projects, from residential to commercial and hospitality.
I believe that I can be a great asset to your team, bringing strong verbal and presentation skills to any task, superb design skills to assist you in achieving your goals, as well as being a good collaborative worker in an environment that I would greatly enjoy. Working as an intern at Citizens’ Campaign for the Environment and Kolorines, I have learned how to work well with many different people, communicate effectively in English, Spanish and Italian and be a good team player. As an intern for Novogratzs, my organizational skills were developed as I contacted vendors making arrangements to get various items needed for the show.
These are some of the attributes I think I can bring to your company in addition to my practical skills in CAD, 3-D modeling, space planning, rendering, selecting color schemes and developing presentation boards, as well as my writing and organizational skills.
The Novogratz, 400 West St, design intern
• Worked on the daily upkeep of the office
• Helped with the planning and installation of projects throughout the filming of the new BRAVO season
• Worked on branding and assisted with the product designing of the new CB2 line
Artistic Tile, White Plains, Design Intern
• Oversaw daily upkeep of the resource library, which included contacting reps and ordering samples; also helped sketch drawings for clients
Angela Brown Ltd., 153 West 27th St. , Design Intern
• Worked on the daily upkeep of the resource library
Citizens Campaign for the Environment, White Plains, Canvaser
• Informed and educated citizens on crucial and fundamental environmental issues to raise funds; our number one goal was to prevent hydrofracking in New York
Kolorines, Morelos, Mexico, Design Intern
• Helped in the design development of the mosaic murals as well as in their construction
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, Bachelors, Interior Design
• Completed a four-year Interior Design course of study including in-depth projects in Corporate, Retail, Residential, Healthcare-Institutional, Hospitality and Entertainment; interior detailing and methods of construction, hand and CAD 2D & 3D; drafting, model building, lighting and the history of period design