I have two undergraduate pre-professional degrees from two different colleges. I began my college career at Bowling Green State University (BGSU) in Ohio right out of high school. Upon completing my junior year I found out that this college was not accredited in architecture. Instantly I looked for ways to transfer but most schools said that I would have had to start from the beginning with not having an accredited degree. From there I decided my best option was to graduate from BGSU and apply to Kent State University (KSU) post undergraduate program.
What I took from BGSU was the experience of completed 3 internships. I got chances to work in office settings and jobs that range from 30 employees to 2 employees. It helped also tremendously when I decided to attend KSU because I was somewhat a step ahead of my classmates in knowledge and determination to get things done. It helped to sharpen my computer skills as well as my outlook and view on the field. Even though the KSU program allowed for me to transfer over my General Education courses I still had to retake all design studio over as well as tackle courses in systems, computer applications and theory to name a few. Most people wouldn’t have gone through such drastic measures to get an accredited degree but I take my love for architecture very seriously and most importantly this is my dream. After graduating from KSU I decided to focus on my life and try and gain more work experience. However I always knew I needed a professional degree which is why I decided to attend Boston Architectural College (BAC) accredited Distance MArch program in order to advance my career as a licensed architect. BAC program allows for their students to work full time while attending their program.
WA Architects, Columbus, OH, US, Architectural Intern
OSU selects design/build team of Messer Construction, HKS Architects, KZF Design, Schooley Caldwell and WA Architect to complete the $370M North Residential District Transformation project.
• I have done detail sections as well as exterior elevation finishes and detailing.
• Working closely with interior designers I have also been elected by HKS to complete all the interior renders for presentations for currently 5 of the 12 new buildings.
• Work on Revit in organizing door schedules, completing signage with some RFIs.
Contempo Communications, Cleveland, OH, US, Freelance Designer
Currently doing contract work for them pertaining to the Cleveland Indians. Working on different con concepts ideas on Sketchup and Kerkythea for different suites.
PCI Design Group, Westerville, OH, US, Intern Architect
• Working on a vast majority of low income housing projects that includes townhomes, and apartment complexes.
• Site design and code review.
• Work on Construction drawings on Autocad with some revit work.
• Scan, copy, print, and transmit original working drawings of current projects.
• Organize and maintain project files.
Ziska Architecture, Cleveland, OH, US, drafter
Work on Autocad creating elevations, sections and floorplans. Primarily worked on Church designs and layouts.
Digital Fabrication and Print Center, Kent, OH, US, computer operator
My duties included working the laser cutter, printing out various presentation boards for
design students and making sure each printing station runs smoothly in the architecture
City Architecture, Cleveland, OH, US, Intern
Worked as a CAD operator intern on such programs AutoCAD 2006 and SketchUp.
• Doing fieldwork by visiting sites and taking photos of the structure as well as collecting
different measurements of the buildings.
• Participating in putting together presentation boards as well as binding documents.
• Learned a lot about efficiency and time management.
• My works including making roof and floor plans, electrical plans and doing elevations and
Calvin Singleton & Assoc., Cleveland Heights, OH, Intern
• Working on a program called DataCAD making elevations, sections etc.
• Doing fieldwork by visiting sites of clients.
• Go over Code Reviews
Vista Volunteer Worker, Cleveland, OH, US, Counselor/Drug Prevention specialist
Worked at a summer camp with young children as a counselor and mentor.
• Taught the children in a class called Wearable Arts where they could create art on
clothing and take them home to wear them.
• Taught the young girls basketball and got tried to mentor them to be positive and to
continue their education.
Carngie Engineering, Cleveland, OH, US, Intern
• Worked as a CAD operator intern on such programs AutoCAD 2006 and SketchUp. Also
looked over a variety of floor plans which included Retail projects in the Cleveland area.
• On AutoCAD I was responsible for installing all of the electrical and mechanical
components into the architectural drawings for construction workers and architects.
Independent Study/Jones Wood Architects, London, England, Intern
Worked primarily on a Spa called Alma Verda in AutoCAD as well as SketchUp
• Works also includes Children’s Centers, and family housing
Boston Architectural College (BAC), Boston, MA, US, MArch, Distance Masters of Architecture
Kent State University, Kent, OH, US, BArch, Architecture
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH, US, BArch, Architecture