I am a passionate Interior Design Student, interested in Architecture & Design as well. I am currently a student and will be graduating in December 2012 with my Bachelors Degree. I am a Resident Advisor at FIT, create a comfortable and safe community feeling among residents. Interested in design and all its aspects I am an eager and passionate student looking to work with a prestigious firm.
Edgewater design, llc, landscape architecture & site planning, Millburn, NJ, US, Freelance, AutoCad Draftsman
• Worked directly with the project architect on the current projects including an Institutional project, Yonkers, city of New York Parks & Commercial Projects, Stahl real estate, rooftop planning.
• Construction drawings, including quantities, sections, details & planting plans.
Belea Group International, New York, NY, Interior Designer
• Worked directly with the project architect on the current projects including UBS corporate facility, Itochu, & Vince Camuto. Created construction documents including: demolition, construction, furniture, finishes, t&e plans and details.
• Created Presentations for clients with the junior designers; and designed Signage opportunities for the facility.
• Strong sense of working in the design team with senior and junior designers
FIT, Residential Life, New York, NY, US, Resident Advisor
• Created a comfortable and safe community feeling among residents
• Mediate student conflicts and counsel students on academic and social issues
• Hold monthly meetings to both inform and strengthen relationships with students
• Plan and execute recreational and educational events for the student community
Rafel Shearling, New York, NY, US, Interior Design & Product Display Intern
• Assistant to Interior Designer of the current showroom
• Managed Product & Visual displays
• Assisted in production and design of products
• Customer Service provider, sales associate
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
• Bilingual in English and Urdu, Intermediate in Spanish
• Senior Thesis Project- “SeaChange” featured in the Museum of FIT’s senior exhibition
• Proficient in the use of:
o Microsofit Office Specialist 2011
o Autocad 2008-2013
o Accurender, 3D Rendering
o Google Sketchup
o Photoshop CS3-6, Indesign & Illustrator
o Construction Set- Working Drawings/ Documents
o Acquired advanced hand drafting skills, use of watercolors and markers for rendering
o Searching for FFE; D&D, A&D building, 200 LEX.
o Residential, Commercial, Institutional & Hospitality Design
Senior Thesis Exhibition, 1st Place
Senior Thesis project placed in the exhibiton at the Museum of FIT, located on 27th street and 7th avenue. Also project was displayed at NY 11, Albany, NY.
FIT, Museum award, Award
Retail Design of Lace- Lingerie Boutique Design