Currently a Designer/ Architectural Project Assistant in Moody Nolan Inc, Columbus Ohio. I aim to work with a collaborative team to make designs that not only serves as a functional basis; yet poetically fulfills each and every client’s needs.
My main focus and passion lies in the adaptation of existing structures and my curiosity for abandoned, obsolete and unproductive spaces has driven my interest in adaptive re-use.
Although development and design run through my veins, my hobbies include photography, sports, and learning about other cultures through travel. These varying interests have helped me in the areas of leadership, teamwork and discipline. With a motivated, goal-orientated mindset, I have the ability to approach any and every task with commitment, desire and enthusiasm.Coupled with my own experience in various organizations, I will be able to bring a unique mindset, approach and rigor to any project in which I am involved.
Moody•Nolan, Inc., Columbus, OH, US, Designer/ Project Assistant
An active member of the Design Studio, performing responsive and sustainable planning, design and research work for various building projects. Jobs also include:
- Contributing and giving input to the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of project.
- Carrying out conventional drafting, Operating Computer aided drafting (CAD) and Adobe suite to produce designs, working drawings and graphics.
- Creating 3D building information modeling and two dimensional construction documentation using REVIT software.
- Providing input and start discussions related to Sustainability and develop innovative strategies to apply technologies into the designs.
- Developing alternative solutions and presentation graphics to communicate concepts to client for agency approval.
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI, US, Teaching Assistant
Codes for Interior Architecture
- Involvement in weekly demonstrations and desk critiques
- Collected/ coordinated/ archived student presentations
- Held weekly tutorial sessions
- Led and coordinated group discussions
- Organized space for class and group work
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI, US, Curatorial Assistant
- Designed layout for students’ work, display & slide presentation
- Curated lobby exhibits
- Worked with faculty to conceptualize the exhibits
- Printed & mounted works
- Assisted in assembly & dis assembly of the show
Nambisan Associates, Bangalore City, IN, Intern
- Worked extensively on the details and working drawings of residences
- Worked on-site with contractors and site managers
- Contoured models; worked on conceptual stages of design of a resort in Coorg, India
Natraj and Venkat Architects, Chennai, IN, Intern
- Designed and drafted working drawings of interior spaces for a local high school
- Drafted construction drawings, plumbing infrastructure, researched and selected material samples for on-going projects
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI, US, Interior Architecture
My experience from the Rhode Island School of Design, where I recently graduated with a Master of Arts in Interior Architecture, has allowed me to collaborate with other fields of design such as furniture, industrial design, ceramics, digital media, green architecture and energy retrofit of existing and used structures. This is evident in the list of exhibitions stated in my resume. In my most recent exhibition, I had the opportunity of designing, building and exhibiting a collaborative piece of furniture at the 2012 Milan Furniture Fair. Through this process, I developed and furthered my ability to communicate the design intent to critics and the public at large, which led to an extensive series of publications.
For the Spring studio of 2012 the studio was given the Jane Pickens theater in Newport which was a landmark in the town and a theater of the people was given to the studio to re-program and re-design keeping in mind the history and the different layers of the building through time.An art intervention was applied to the building from which the concept was derived, for the theater.
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen, DK, Interior Architecture
The summer program at the DIS school in Copenhagen Denmark introduced the students to the Danish style of designing and planning for Architecture and the Nordic methods of dealing with natural light-
Designing with light.
The Learning objectives:
- Approach a design problem from the contextual point of view.
- Design for Denmark's climatic, historic, social and regulatory contexts.
- Display enhanced design methods and skills.
- Effectively present design ideas both individually and as part of a team.
The studio project included the design of a proposal for a hostel in a building originally designed as a water pump station and was then used as a music venue.
Anna University, Chennai, IN, BArch, Architecture
- Urban design
- Interior design
- Retail Design
- Commercial Architecture
- Competition projects
- Adaptive Reuse and Historic Preservation
- Research and study
- History of Architecture
- Construction and Working drawings
- Estimation and Calculation
- Structural Studies
Robert Bradford Newman Medal, Award
Received the Robert Bradford Newman Student Medal for Merit in Architectural Acoustics .