I went to the University of Southern California in 1984 to become an Architect. As they say life, "life occurs" and I left school after 3 1/2 years to find my own way. Along the way, I enjoyed a fine career in Graphic Arts for nearly 12 years. I then followed my heart and got back into drafting 12 years ago starting with a Landscape Architect and shortly thereafter moving into the Low Voltage arena doing AutoCAD shop drawings for companies like SimplexGrinnell, Tri-Signal Integration, Siemens and most recently for Bergelectric. Recently I attended an evening course for Autodesk Revit Architecture and I really enjoyed the class. I found that the industry overall is moving rapidly into the 3D world and I want to stay with the trend. Currently, I am looking for employment with an Architecture firm or even an electrical contractor that uses Revit on an everyday basis so that I can put these new found skills to work and become fluent with them as well. I am a diligent worker and strive to find solutions to the problem on the first effort. I am adaptable and a quick learner as well. I believe in standards and am a firm follower of the "walk the talk" mentality. I'm looking for that job that stimulates me and excites me to rush to work early and stay late doing something I truly love, drafting and problem solving.
Bergelectric, Corp, Escondido, CA, US, Systems Designer/Foreman
· Engineered and created Low Voltage Systems shop drawings using AutoCAD.
· Currently expanding office use of Revit MEP with new work in 2012.
Siemens Industry, San Diego, CA, US, Engineer
· Engineered and created Fire Alarm Systems shop drawings using AutoCAD.
· Assisted in developing CAD Standards for Fire Alarm System Engineering and Drafting.
· NICET Certified in Fire Alarm Systems.
· Member of the Employee Satisfaction Team.
Tri-Signal Integration, San Diego, CA, US, Systems Designer
· Created all shop drawings for all systems using AutoCAD.
· Managed CAD work flow.
· Revamped entire File Directory and Standards of CAD Department.
· Redevelopment of entire Engineering/CAD Department.
SimplexGrinnell, San Diego, CA, US, CAD Drafter II
· Created shop drawings utilizing AutoCAD for Low Voltage systems which included Fire Alarm, Security, Data, Nurse Call and other various Signal Systems.
· Assisted Engineering in various calculations and design layouts in a fast paced environment.
Studio Katz, San Diego, CA, US, Jr Landscape Designer
· Created Landscape Architectural Plans, irrigation design and layout using both AutoCAD and manual drafting skills.
· Assisted office staff in production of working drawings for large home builder and private residential clients.
Mira Costa Community College, San Diego, CA, US, Architecture
Revit Architecture Class
Technical Trades Institute, Colorado Springs, CO, US, Architecture
1 year of course work towards an Associates Degree in Architectural Drafting.
University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
3 1/2 years of coursework toward BArch Degree
NICET Level II Fire Alarm Systems