I am a recent college graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior design, as well as an Associate in Business Studies Degree in Interior Design. I have experience doing contract and freelance work as well as three internships. I am a hardworking and motivated designer eager to find a firm that fits me.
Kuhn Young Design Group, Bay City, MI, US, Contract Designer
• Assisted principal designer and owner on design projects for clients.
• Communicated and corresponded with clients.
• Carried out field measurements, created sketches and floor plans.
• Provided great customer service to customers and clients.
• Discovered client needs and solved furniture/space planning design problems.
North Midland Family Center, Midland, MI, US, Welcome Center Receptionist
• Handled cash, check, and credit card transactions.
• Greeted patrons, discovered their needs and assisted them.
• Promoted the center and its programs to patrons and the community.
• Answered and transferred telephone calls.
• Created graphics for center advertising, promotion, and branding.
• Organized Welcome Center and created templates to follow policies.
John Kelly Architects, Chicago, IL, US, Intern
• Worked with other interns and principal on the green building Holcim Competition project.
• Produced working design drawings and construction documents for various projects and competition project.
• Utilized various computer programs to create client presentations, diagrams, and competition submittal.
• Effectively corresponded with co-workers and contractors.
City Living Design, Chicago, IL, US, Intern
• Assisted principal with design development and drawings.
• Attended and assisted with client meetings, project installations, and field measurements.
• Carried out administrative tasks such as filing, E-mails, phone calls, and errands.
• Product searching and ordering.
• Developed and put together furniture, color, and concept boards.
• Coordinated with contractors, installers, architects, clients, and co-workers.
Art Sample Furniture And Design Center, Saginaw, MI, US, Intern
• Shadowed and assisted interior designers and sales representatives on the sales floor and on projects.
• Went on house calls and assisted designers with discovering client needs, space planning, and product choices.
• Assisted designers with presentations to clients.
• Assisted with inventory and merchandising of accessories and materials.
Harrington College of Design, Chicago, IL, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Delta Community College, University Center, MI, US, Interior Design