I am currently an interior designer/project manager at an office design firm and am looking to broaden my experience in design. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior Design, as well as an Associate in Business Studies Degree in Interior Design. I am a hardworking and motivated designer eager to find a firm that fits me.
DBI Business Interiors, Lansing, MI, US, Interior Designer/Project Manager
• Manage projects ensuring the customers needs are met and they are satisfied with the outcome.
• Coordinate design, refurbishment of product, installation, product orders, and client meetings.
• Learned Haworth systems furniture product to specify and design with.
• Work in tandem with another designer and salesman on a multi-million dollar project for the State of
• Communicate via phone, email, and in meetings with customers, co-workers, installers, and contractors through all stages of the project.
• Utilizedvarious computer programs to create drawings and files to complete projects.
• Take direction and carry out projects and tasks for supervisors.
• Prioritize tasks and problem solve when issues arose.
Wendels Home/Art Van Furniture, Mount Pleasant, MI, US, Sales/Design Consultant
• Greeted guests upon arrival, asked questions to get to know them and their needs.
• Analyzed guests’ needs and guided them to several options of the best product(s).
• Continuous education on product, processes, market, and economy to best serve my guests.
• Followed up with guests via phone and mail after visiting and/or purchasing to assure they are satisfied and ensure return business.
Kuhn Young Design Group, Bay City, MI, US, Contract Designer
• Assisted principal designer and owner on design projects for clients.
• Communicated and corresponded with clients.
• Carried out field measurements, created sketches and floor plans.
• Provided great customer service to customers and clients.
• Discovered client needs and solved furniture/space planning design problems.
North Midland Family Center, Midland, MI, US, Welcome Center Receptionist
• Handled cash, check, and credit card transactions.
• Greeted patrons, discovered their needs and assisted them.
• Promoted the center and its programs to patrons and the community.
• Answered and transferred telephone calls.
• Created graphics for center advertising, promotion, and branding.
• Organized Welcome Center and created templates to follow policies.
John Kelly Architects, Chicago, IL, US, Intern
• Worked with other interns and principal on the green building Holcim Competition project.
• Produced working design drawings and construction documents for various projects and competition project.
• Utilized various computer programs to create client presentations, diagrams, and competition submittal.
• Effectively corresponded with co-workers and contractors.
City Living Design, Chicago, IL, US, Intern
• Assisted principal with design development and drawings.
• Attended and assisted with client meetings, project installations, and field measurements.
• Carried out administrative tasks such as filing, E-mails, phone calls, and errands.
• Product searching and ordering.
• Developed and put together furniture, color, and concept boards.
• Coordinated with contractors, installers, architects, clients, and co-workers.
Art Sample Furniture And Design Center, Saginaw, MI, US, Intern
• Shadowed and assisted interior designers and sales representatives on the sales floor and on projects.
• Went on house calls and assisted designers with discovering client needs, space planning, and product choices.
• Assisted designers with presentations to clients.
• Assisted with inventory and merchandising of accessories and materials.
Harrington College of Design, Chicago, IL, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Delta Community College, University Center, MI, US, Interior Design