see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
Group 4 Architecture, Research + Planning, Inc., South San Francisco, CA, Architectural Designer
During my time at Group 4, I have worked on multiple public sector architecture, marketing + planning projects with an emphasis on sustainable design and a collaborative design process, gaining experience in the public process, client negotiations, project management, programming, site + environmental analysis, building cost analysis, code research, engineering systems coordination, specifications + materials research.
• Project Manager, Krusi Park Renovation and Park Building – landscape renovation and design of a new 2,600SF park building from conceptual design through construction documents.
• Project Manager, Site Selection for Atherton Library Building Project – the study and analysis of multiple proposed sites for a new 10,000-13,000SF library, providing planning, programming, identifying site opportunities + constraints, site selection + design, cost modeling and participation services.
• Project Manager, Marin County Library Lobby Upgrades – interior remodeling of five (5) Marin County Free Library branch libraries; designing new layouts, casework, furniture, shelving, signage and finishes; redesign of staff service desk to support more efficient operations; programming, conceptual + schematic design.
• Project Manager, Burlingame Public Library Millennium Plan – preparing a space master plan for the Library using interactive workshops to define goals + needs, evaluate space plan options and recommendations, develop phasing plans, project schedule and cost estimates.
Kevin Slagle Design + Build, Oakland, CA, US, Architectural Designer
developed schematic design options + construction documents for both new residential construction + renovations of existing houses in the Berkeley + Oakland area
Learning Barge, Charlottesville/Chesapeake, VA, Design/Build Team Leader
construction + construction administration of a floating environmental education center, gaining experience “off the grid” MEP systems and general carpentry + finish work.
University of Virginia School of Architecture, Charlottesville, VA, US, Teaching Assistant
• ARCH5150: Global Sustainability, Fall 2009
• ARCH880: Architectural Theory + Analysis, Fall 2008
Children's Studio School, Washington, DC, US, Teacher
Implemented a unique + alternative curriculum teaching 3rd – 6th grade students the standard subjects (math, science, writing, etc.) through art + architecture at a charter school. The school’s mission is to serve children of diverse abilities, learning styles, and economic and cultural backgrounds working in studios with artists and architects for a comprehensive education.
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, US, MArch, School of Architecture
• class of 2010 representative + founding member SAGA (Student Association of Graduate Architects), 2008 – 2009, an organization formed to represent the graduate architecture students in relations with the faculty and administration of the school + to promote and encourage activities and the dissemination of information of academic or professional interest to the field of architecture + design
• co-chair GALA (Graduate Architecture | Landscape Architecture), 2007 – 2010, an organization committed to creating fun, social events + activities outside of the studio for graduate students of architecture + landscape architecture.
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, US, Bachelors, College of Arts and Sciences
B.A. in Fine Arts, Photography concentration
B.A. in Spanish
minor in Architecture