I am a graphic designer living and working in Los Angeles, CA, and I would love the opportunity to use my expertise to add value to your organization!
I currently work at Whole Foods Market where I am responsible for designing, producing and installing graphics and decor for multiple stores in the Los Angeles area. In addition, I work closely with Metro Leadership to achieve design goals, mentor Store Designers, and facilitate brand cohesion between stores. The success I have achieved in my current position has allowed me the opportunity to open new stores throughout the country and create signage programs on a regional and national level.
I'm interested in continuing to grow and challenge myself within the creative field of graphic design. My years of experience in creating designs for a successful high-end food retailer will allow me to make an immediate impact in the creative direction of the right company.
Outside of my professional pursuits, I am an avid consumer of both mainstream and more esoteric forms of pop culture, product, media, music, and art. I can email a .pdf of my portfolio upon request.
Whole Foods Market, Los Angeles, CA, Multi-Site Graphic Designer
Responsible for producing and installing visual elements for multiple stores; develops and supports marketing initiatives with graphic design. Works with Metro Leadership to achieve design goals, mentor Store Designers, and facilitate brand cohesion between stores.
• Assists Design and Marketing teams at individual stores to meet regional goals and sales.
• Mentors store designers to better achieve brand standards and execute design programs.
• Assists Metro Marketing Coordinator and Metro Executive Coordinators in achieving goals for store aesthetic, decor, and execution of design programs.
• Presents bi-monthly to Store Team Leaders and Metro Leadership: topics include current trends, developments with signage, and innovations that foster creativity while enhancing brand cohesion between multiple stores.
• Assists opening new stores throughout California, Arizona, Nevada and Hawaii.
Auntie Em's Kitchen, Eagle Rock, CA, US, Freelance Graphic Designer
Updated and solidified branding, and designed promotional materials, menus and graphics for Auntie Em's Kitchen's Restaurant, Catering and Produce Delivery.
Whole Foods Market, Santa Monica, CA, US, Lead Store Graphic Designer / Graphic Artist
Was responsible for producing, maintaining and installing all visual
elements of store; developed and supported marketing initiatives with graphic design.
• Designed marketing and event signage to promote in-store and community events.
• Created fine art chalkboards that enhanced promotions and the general store aesthetic.
• Designed story-driven informative signage that educated the consumer.
• Designed and built decor from concept to completion utilizing various materials and media (wood, metal, paper, etc.).
• Worked with Marketing Supervisor to conceptualize and execute initiatives.
• Had designed regional and national signage programs.
• Trained and managed multiple assistant designers.
• Originated and maintained Local Artists Café by partnering with local artists; curated show bimonthly.
• Assisted opening new store locations (Las Vegas, Venice, Huntington Beach, West Los Angeles, Encinitas, Kailua) and has supported numerous others on a regional level.
• Maintained budget and supplies for department.
2011 Regional All-Star Winner: Recognized as best designer and store graphic artist in Southern Pacific Region (California, Hawaii, Arizona and Nevada).
• 2008 Regional All-Star Honorable Mention first year in position.
Warner Brothers Consumer Products, Burbank, CA, US, Freelance Graphic Designer
Designed graphics and contributed assets for Batman Arkham City style guide.
University of North Texas, Denton, TX, US, BArch, Music Composition
Graduate Work in Music Composition and Music Orchestration.
Baylor University, Waco, TX, US, Bachelors, Bachelor of Music
Bachelors of Music degree in Vocal Performance. I received numerous awards and performed all over the world in both operatic roles as well as art song recitals. I was also a member of the prestigious Baylor Chamber Singers for two years and the Baylor A Cappella Choir for 3 years.