originally from the Chicago area, chris lozano believes in meaningful concepts that inspire not only the clients design expectations, but the expectations of anyone that steps into a space. people’s comfort is imperatively important to her and always considers this aspect when she designs. she understands challenges within the industry and is fully committed to see a successful end result. her appreciation for collaborating old with new and vibrant colors has guided and continued her passion for interior design.
chris has graduated at the top of her interior design class at indiana university with a B.S. where she learned her guiding principles of being a professional designer as well as acquiring a minor in psychology and fine arts. her international travels to the Philippines, South Korea, London, Netherlands, Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome have bolstered her ability to understand different types of design and construction as well as facing adversities and coping with unexpected changes. chris is willing to provide a positive change for the clients desires of comfort with a great concept.
Manny Vargas, Las Vegas, NV, US, Freelance: AutoCAD Renders
• sustained a long distance association through emails and phone calls with
client and their needs
• produced several restaurant design renderings and floor plans
Amoroso Design, San Francisco, CA, US, Internship/Interior Design Assistant
• assisted lead designers with FF&E, clients, and finalized plans
• developed a knowledge of the design center and built relationships with
• general office duties and errands
KD Architects, Yuba City, CA, US, draftsman
• developed and recreated technical drawings for commercial and residential
• created detailed renderings for clients visual needs
Indiana University Residential Programs and Services, Bloomington, IN, US, Internship
• managed field verification and as-built creation in AutoCAD
• meeting with vendors and reps selecting finishes and furniture
• organize set up and coordinate installments
• product procurements, order-processing and acknowledgment
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Indiana University’s Interior Design program is multidisciplinary, focusing on integrating user-needs through the use of state-of-the-art design methods.
There is an emphasis on collaboration and creative use of technology in the program.
From the outset students are encouraged to see themselves as preparing to enter the design profession using their education as a model for their subsequent work experience.
In addition, Indiana University’s Design Studies is at the forefront of Sustainability in design.
Indiana University’s program is accredited by CIDA (the Council for Interior Design Accreditation), along with about 150 others nationwide and in Canada.
The program has been continuously accredited since 1992; The most recent visit was in Spring 2011, and resulted in a 6 year re-accreditation.
Three of our faculty members are “CIDA Visitors,” participating in two accreditation visits each per year.