see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Experienced Intern Architect holding a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from The Catholic University of America and a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of North Carolina Charlotte, in addition to 4 years of progressive design and technical experience. A highly talented and result-oriented professional with broad experience in commercial, government, and mixed-use project design and construction. Possesses thorough knowledge working with both Federal and Commercial clients, strong communication skills, an ability to work under pressure, and proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD, 3D Sketch-up, Rhino, Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign software. Working toward LEED certification and completion of NCARB Intern Development Program.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), Washington, DC, US, Technical Artchitect
- Played lead role in development of BIM model for 1300-space Parking Garage, as part of a large-scope $25 million, 28-acre LEED registered project.
- Assisted Project Manager with compiling bid packages, tracking RFIs, and ensuring that materials were properly used and building codes, requirements, and other regulations were complied with.
- Incorporated and developed design ideas into technical drawings, while keeping focus on scope, schedule, and budget.
- Researched site, building codes, regulations, and materials.
- Developed and reviewed floor plans, sections, elevations, and architectural details and prepared construction documents.
- Maintained coordination among consultants, design team, MEP, Civil and Structural Engineers, providing necessary information of the project and ensuring compliance of specifications.
David M. Schwarz Architects, Washington, DC, US, Junior Architect
- Worked as part of a design team on various projects through multiple phases of design, including Concept Design, Schematic Design, and Exterior and Interior Design Development.
- Researched and analyzed site conditions, code restraints, building precedents, and applicable architecture periods and styles.
- Created designs of commercial and residential projects including medical facilities, civic buildings, and mixed-use development.
- Studied options independently through sketch and model, and collaborated ideas with project manager and other members of design team.
- Drafted plans, sections, elevations, and detail drawings using AutoCAD; designed and organized drawing sheets, and constructed models for presentation to clients.
- Met with clients and consultants to discuss design goals and present options.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, US, BArch, 5th year Bachelor of Architecture
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, US, School of Architecture
non-matriculating student, taking graduate level courses in the School of Architecture
The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC, US, Bachelors, 4 year Bachelor of Science in Architecture