Prospect Park Alliance, Brooklyn, NY, US, Assistant Landscape Architect
• Created complete CD set for the Lakeside Center's road realignment and pedestrian entry sequence. Construction to be completed by December 2013.
• Supervised landscape installation at the Lakeside Center.
• Collaborated on conceptual design for a natural play area, provided field design and supervised construction. Construction to be completed by September 2013.
Prospect Park Alliance, Brooklyn, NY, US, Design & Construction Intern
• Assisted landscape architects with design development and proposals for renovation of the Flatbush Avenue perimeter.
• Assisted on-site with aquatic plants layout and planting for the Lakeshore reconstruction project.
• Conducted historical research for interpretive design proposals within the Northeast Perimeter land.
University of Georgia, Athens, GA, US, Graduate Assistant
• Produced sustainable landscape design guidelines for Agnes Scott College including site designs across campus.
• Planned and hung gallery exhibits for the College of Environment & Design’s Circle Gallery.
• Designed and produced new signage for the College of Environment & Design’s Owens Library.
New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, New York, NY, US, Brooklyn Capital Projects Intern
• Assisted the Director of Brooklyn Capital Projects with administrative and design work.
• Researched and completed grant applications for borough projects, one of which was awarded $100k through the NYS Environmental Protection Fund’s Parks Program.
• Planned and executed special events under the direction of Brooklyn Parks’ Chief of Staff.
Market Table, New York, NY, US, Director of Events & Administration
• Responsible for executive administration, including accounting sales and purchases, managing expenses, and managing payroll for a staff of 40 employees.
• Designed event concepts and managed all aspects of event planning including rentals and service.
• Managed all technology on-site, including the point-of-sale system hardware and office computer networks.
New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, New York, NY, US, Urban Park Ranger
• Directed educational, outreach, and recreational programming targeted towards metropolitan residents.
• Knowledgeable about city parks throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.
• Promoted to a management position within 13 months of employment.
University of Georgia, Athens, GA, US, Masters, Landscape Architecture
• Three year masters program with five design studios covering topics on: Sustainability/Ecosystem Services; Urban Design; Social Justice; Post-Industrial Design
• Additional coursework included: Design/Build; Sustainable Building Design; Campus Planning; Landscape Management; Engineering; Rural Preservation
• Masters thesis: “Sustainable Food, Sustainable Cities: Optimizing Ecosystem Services in Urban Agricultural Landscapes
• Recipient of the 2012 Beacon Award for leadership
• Recipient of the Hubert B. Owens Scholarship
• Recipient of the Bartow Wright Rankin Scholarship
• Member of Sigma Lambda Alpha
• Appointed MLA student representative to the College's Technology Committee
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, US, Bachelors, Environmental Studies
• Major studies focused on integrative and quantitative methods in environmental studies, with additional coursework in ecology/conservation.
• Field work fulfilled in Costa Rica.