I became an Interior Designer because I believe that a home should feel like a home. That everyone should have a place in this world that makes them comfortable in their surroundings, such as a favorite coffee shop to meet old friends, a store to buy that special gift for a loved one, an office that inspires and motivates people to create new things and ideas, or a family room that inspires families to hang out with one another. I want to help people build their fondest memories, and I believe I can have a part in that by helping to create those special places where those memories might happen. This is ultimately what I want to do with my life. I can think of nothing more rewarding or satisfying than to help people enjoy their lives a little more, even if it's just something as simple as improving their surroundings.
Lusive Decor, Alhambra, CA, Project Assistant
• Collaborated with design principals in the schematic / conceptual design process for the manufacturing of high end residential and commercial custom lighting fixtures and lamping. Aided in research and development of design concepts and materials,
• Oversaw sample and resource department, quality inspected merchandise, processed orders and communicated with suppliers regarding shipments and orders, archived and updated project binders, and headed overall organization of the office and its resources.
• Executed marketing strategies, maintained company databases, designed quarterly print ads, mail outs, newsletters, catalogs, and various other company marketing materials.
Dunn & Associates Inc., Pittsburgh, PA, Interior Design Intern
• Commanded various tasks throughout the office such as converting field dimensions to AutoCAD files, adjusting redline corrections, space planning, creating elevations, section drawings, 3-D models, presentation boards, and renderings.
• Managed resource room, conferred with local reps, answered phones, acquired relationships with clients, and provided assistance with other common office duties.
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, Design Assistant
• Maintained and updated all databases and printouts related to the Interior Design Resource Room.
• Organized and updated all fabric, finishes, samples, and resources throughout the room, as well as contacted local reps and designers for sample pickups and other related topics.
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, Bachelors, Bachelor of Science Degree in Interior Design, CIDA Accredited.
National Technical Honor Society Member
Multiple President’s and Dean’s List, Multiple Perfect Attendance Awards
Accumulative GPA of 3.8; EDMC Scholarship Winner in 2007
Participant in the 2008 International Design Workstation Competition
AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop_ InDesign_ Illustrator, Google SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Space Planning, Hand Drafting, Commercial and Residential Design, Model Making
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OSX
Kent State University, Kent, OH, Associate of Art Degree
Attended college at age 15 due to Post Secondary Options in the state of Ohio
Studied English and Fine Arts. Color Theory, Design Concepts
EDMC Scholarship Winner, Scholarship
Received $7,000 dollars towards my education at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. All students and all majors were encouraged to apply.