I completed my Master’s Degree in Architecture with concentration in sustainable design from Kent State University, USA and Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from University of Pune, India. A decade of architectural work experience in USA and India with reputed firms has helped me gain insight into large multifaceted projects and most important to be at par with latest technologies and developments such as BIM/VDC in AEC industry. By pairing our extensive architectural experience with specialized knowledge I and my husband Utkarsh Kankariya started Iceboat Studio in Pune, India in the year 2016.
At Iceboat Studio we utilize the latest building information modeling software such as Autodesk Revit to provide clients with an efficient design process and more immersive way of experiencing their projects. I believe that BIM is not a process but a culture that needs to be adapted to achieve integrated design and construction process that results in better quality buildings at lower cost and reduced project duration.
I am very keen on continued learning and to keep myself updated with latest trends in industry. Sharing of knowledge is just another side of this spirit. It’s a conduit for empowering others which is a key to building a high performance team. At Iceboat Studio we greatly encourage this mindset.
Iceboat Studio, Pune, IN, Co-Founder and Principal
We are an architectural firm with international experience, specialized knowledge and progressive mindset. Being at par with latest technologies and developments in AEC industry drives our ability to deliver state of the art services to our clients. Our firm utilizes the latest building information modeling and 3D design softwares to provide clients with a more immersive way of experiencing their projects. Delivering professional service of highest standards is at the core of our practice.
KTGY Architecture + Planning, Tysons Corner, VA, US, Senior Job Captain
Worked with KTGY Group at Tysons Corner and later moved to India in 2013 to set up their first India office in Pune. Have been training people in KTGY Pune office in wood frame construction and overseeing workflow between the USA and India offices for smooth functioning.Successfully lead different teams at KTGY Pune to develop Revit models from conceptual drawings and taking it further from schematic design to construction document stage for multifamily residential and mixed use projects. Duties and responsibilities in this role included-
• Management of project resources and production to ensure production effort is on schedule and on budget, according to design specifications, with desired quality results.
• Perform progress coordination checking and verify accuracy of work for all team members.
• Contribute to budget and scheduling review meetings.
• Support the design team efforts and solutions by actively interpreting design and code, and coordinating an accurate graphical technical solution.
• Perform code analysis and building justification.
• Prepare DD drawings to define and elaborate on the design intent.
• Develop project specific details for waterproofing, roofing, exterior closures, openings, structural systems, mechanical/electrical systems, etc.
• Develop complete and accurate deliverable packages appropriate to schedule and budget.
• Review and edit specifications.
• Coordinate with client, consultants and design team.
• Educate and mentor junior staff.
Douglas C. Wright Architects, New York, NY, US, Designer
• Worked on value engineering design development, construction document set and consultant coordination for Winged Foot Golf Club, Mamaroneck, New York.
• Worked on construction document set for a high-end residential house on the coast of Maine.
• Prepared DD drawings to define and elaborate on the design intent.
• Developed project specific details for waterproofing, roofing, exterior closures, openings, structural systems, mechanical/electrical systems, etc.
• Developed complete and accurate deliverable packages appropriate to schedule and budget.
Neighborhood Progress, Inc., Cleveland, OH, US, Intern Planner
• Served as a Planning Team Member for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program-Phase II Target Area Planning (NSP2-TAP).
• Worked closely with community members, stakeholders, planning and community development professionals on recovery related project.
• Interviewed stakeholders, conducted site analysis, developed design options, recommended implementation strategies and conducted community presentations.
Sikachi and Associates, Pune, IN, Project Architect
• Produced schematic design drawings and construction documents for commercial and institutional projects.
• Developed presentation drawings in photoshop and 3D models in Sketch up.
• Involved in office management and conducted AutoCAD training sessions for intern architects.
Chaney Architects, Pune, India, Assistant Architect
• Worked on design development, construction documents and execution for notable projects like Nitesh HUB Mall, Pune (Built-up area- one million sq.ft.) and Castel Royale Apartments, Pune (nine residential towers, 325’ high).
• Created presentations using Photoshop and InDesign.
• Promoted as a Project Architect for Clover Hills shopping mall, Pune, leading the team of three.
Sikachi and Associates, Pune, IN, Assistant Architect
• Prepared construction documents and presentation drawings for commercial and institutional projects.
• Developed physical models and 3D models.
Gangotree Architects and Designers Pvt. Ltd., Pune, IN, Intern Architect
• Worked on sustainable and low cost residential projects that utilized eco-friendly materials.
• Prepared construction documents, presentation drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD, Photoshop and Sketchup.
Kent State University, Kent, OH, US, MArch, Architecture
University of Pune, Pune, India, BArch, Architecture