I have completed my masters degree from Kent State University, Ohio and an undergraduate degree from University of Pune, India; both in Architecture. I have over four years of full time architectural work experience with array of expertise in developing schematic design, managing design development, preparing construction drawings and executing projects. I Can meet tight deadlines with collective ability of excellent organizational skills and multitasking and can effectively work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced challenging environment. Presently I am seeking an architectural position.
For my Master’s Thesis I have conducted an extensive research on ‘optimization strategies for thermal and daylighting performance of the commercial buildings’ to reduce the overall energy consumption in buildings. I received ARCC King Student Medal for Excellence in Architectural + Environmental Design Research for this study and also presented it at UCEAO 6th Annual Conference at Columbus. With this research effort I have developed a strong background in conducting building performance analysis through energy efficient envelope design, and believe that these skills would benefit in developing the integrated design solutions.
Miller & Wright Architects, New York, NY, US, Designer
Worked on value engineering design, construction documents set and consultant coordination for a 6500 sq.ft. Golf Club House project in New York.
Developed presentation drawings for site layout options for client review.
Worked on construction documents set for a 7,500 sq.ft. high-end residential project in Maine.
Developed drawings based on ADA guidelines and NYC building codes.
Prepared detail door & window schedules for CD package and plumbing & lighting fixtures spec book for client review.
Green Concepts International, LLC, New York, NY, US, Freelance Sustainability Consultant
Worked as a freelance sustainability consultant for daylight calculations of a commercial project for LEED NC 2009 (V3) rating.
Developed the building model in SketchUp and simulated the amount of daylight received within the regularly occupied spaces using the FlucsDL module in IES VE.
Produced the report with detail calculation spreadsheets and daylight diagrams.
Sikachi and Associates, Pune, India, Project Architect
• Produced schematic design drawings and construction documents using AutoCAD.
• Developed presentation drawings and 3D CAD models using Photoshop and Sketch up.
• Involved in office management and conducted AutoCAD training sessions for intern architects.
Chaney Architects, Pune, India, Assistant Architect
• Worked on design development, presentation drawings, construction documents and execution for notable projects like Plaza Center Mall, Pune (Built-up area- one million sq.ft.) and Castel Royale Apartments, Pune (nine residential towers, 325’ high).
• Created presentations using Photoshop and InDesign.
• Promoted as a Project Architect for Clover Hills shopping mall, Pune, leading the team of three.
Sikachi and Associates, Pune, India, Assistant Architect
• Prepared construction documents and presentation drawings.
• Assisted in documentation of completed projects and measured drawings.
• Developed physical models and 3D CAD models.
Gangotree Architects and Designers Pvt. Ltd., Pune, India, Intern Architect
• Worked on the sustainable and low cost residential projects utilizing eco-friendly materials.
• Prepared construction documents, presentation drawings and 3D CAD models using AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop.
Kent State University, Kent, OH, US, MArch, Architecture
University of Pune, Pune, India, BArch, Architecture