see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
STEVEN P. BROOKS
32 Ludlam Pl.
Brooklyn NY 11225
M 713.907.8175 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Tech University • Lubbock, Texas.
Major: Advertising (BA); Minor: Art • Grad.: May 1995
Rice University • Houston, Texas.
Major: Art & Art History; attended 1991–1992
SOUTHEAST MEDIA • Houston, TX.
April 2003 – June 2012 • Graphic Designer / Tech Support / Archivist
FREELANCE • Houston, Texas.
January 2003 – April 2003 • Graphic Designer
AMERICAN COLOR GROUP • Houston, Texas.
September 2002 – January 10, 2003 • Graphic Designer
AIG/AMERICAN GENERAL LIFE • VALIC • Houston, TX.
June 1998 – June 28, 2002 • Senior Graphic Designer / LAN Administrator
ASTROCARE C.L.A.S.S. • Houston, TX.
September 1999 - November 1999, April 2000 – June 2000 • Rehabilitation Engineer
FIRST MANHATTAN CONSULTING GROUP (FMCG) • New York, NY.
May 1997 – April 1998 • Document Specialist
THE SUMMIT GROUP (Fixed Income Daily) • New York, NY.
October 1996 – March 1997 • Graphics Editor (Freelance)
THE AMERICAN BANKER/BOND BUYER • New York, NY.
December 1995 – October 1996 • Production Artist
Art Direction, Design & Graphics Production Skills ~
• Create, edit, and proof 1- to 4-color forms, brochures, envelopes and other corporate materials
• Product Photography (including adjusting lighting, color correction and retouching [in Photoshop])
• Create clipping paths for graphics used in ads
• Design logos for clients
• Design new ad layouts and styles for client (art direction)
• Created 2-color/4-color direct-mail materials
• Design annual report covers
• Developed color financial weekly newspaper prototype
• Layout 2-color financial course catalog
• Retouched, created clipping paths, and color corrected art in Photoshop/Illustrator
• Revise, proof, and reprint weekly edition of Transportation Unlimited for supervisor approval
• Typeset legal notices; liaison with clients and other internal/external departments
• Produced art and ads for sister publications
• Scanned camera-ready artwork and photos (including OCR)
• Develop and maintain charts, graphs and tables
• Collaborated with other departments for promotional ads
• Update clients' websites using a combination of DreamWeaver and a CMS (content management system)
Network/Troubleshooting Skills ~
• Troubleshoot Macs and Server (hardware, software, permissions, fonts, files, etc.)
• Maintain, administer, & organize server
• Schedule daily, weekly, monthly, and offsite DVD/CD/Jaz/tape backups
• Assisted in setup of LAN and troubleshooting network issues and Pentiums
Supervisory Skills ~
• Review other employees work and returned items to employee to be revised
• Create progress reports with supervisor
• Promote guidelines for designers to create uniform look (department-wide)
• Send written & electronic communications to review company standards and server organization
• Train new employees in corporate policies, procedures, and job responsibilities
Administrative/Office Skills ~
• Knowledgeable in office machines: multi-line phone, fax, copier, bindery, typewriter (65 wpm)
• Produced report & presentation documents
• Used consistent, standard firm formats and firm-wide use of Excel
• Work one-on-one with clients and customers
• Present recommendations for department purchases
• Participated in maintaining fluid, accurate workflow
Miscellaneous Skills ~
• Produced instruction “manual”
• Deadline-driven environment (daily/hourly)
Hardware and Operating Systems Used ~
• Hardware: PC (Pentium II/III), Power Macintosh G3/G4/G5, iMac, Mac Mini, Power Mac G3 Server
• OS used: Mac OS 7.6 – OS X (including 10.5.x), Microsoft Windows 3.11 – XP; VAX/VMS familiarity
• Mac Software: Adobe Creative Suite 3 [CS3/CS4]: (Indesign CS2/CS3; Illustrator 4.0-CS; Photoshop 4.0-CS; some DreamWeaver; Adobe Type Manager [ATM]; Acrobat (Exchange, Distiller, PDFWriter)); Quark Xpress 3.3-6.5; Enfocus PitStop; Toast; Suitcase; Fetch; TypeAlign; TypeStyler; AppleShare IP 6.3; Microsoft Office 98/2001/2004 (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Graph, some Access, Outlook; Exchange); DeltaGraph; FileMaker Pro; Lotus Notes; cc:Mail; Norton Utilities/AntiVirus; TechTool Pro; DiskWarrior; FireFox; Safari; Internet Explorer; Netscape. (others: Canvas, MacDraw Pro, SuperPaint).
• PC Software: Quark Xpress 3.3-4.0; Adobe Illustrator 5.0-7.0; Adobe Photoshop 2.5-6.0; Adobe Acrobat (Exchange, Distiller); Microsoft Office 97/Office 2000/2003 (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Graph, some Access); Lotus Notes 5; EFI Logic (application/web); Microsoft Internet Explorer; Microsoft Exchange; Netscape.
Type 70 wpm • Typography • Page-layout • Paste-ups • Flair for color, layout, and design
My interests: Art • Architecture • Illustration • Internet • Music • Fitness • Reading • Travel.
Available upon request.
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, US, Bachelors, Advertising/Art
Graduated with B.A. in Advertising; Minor in Art/Graphic Design.
1 year of classes in Architecture. (Still have a strong interest.)