I grew up in rural Missouri, just east of the Kansas City area, moved to Boston after my undergraduate where I worked at Donald Lang Architects for three years, and am now in Chicago working on my masters at UIC's School of Architecture.
While digital tools allow for countless formal possibilities, I believe that the fundamental values of architecture remain the same. As Vitruvius wrote; firmness, commodity and delight.
Roger Washburn Landscape Architecture, Somerville, MA, AutoCad Teacher
After working with Roger Washburn on a residential estate renovation, I was asked to come to his office to teach AutoCad. Being an established professional, Roger was used to drafting by hand and was interested in expanding his use of the software. Many aspects were covered including the use of model space vs. paper space, sheet layout, and printing.
Donald Lang Architects, Waban, MA, US, Architectural Designer
• Documenting existing conditions; both commercial and residential spaces
• Working with principal on schematic design strategies
• Creating design development drawings and construction documents
• Specifying interior finishes and fixtures
• Assisting principal with construction administration
• Maintaining job binders (archiving all project documents)
• Interacting with product representatives and consultants
• Assisting principal with materials and codes research
• Training new employees in office procedures
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, US, Masters, Architecture
University of Missouri - Columbia, Columbia , Bachelors, Environmental Design
Year End Show Exhibitor UIC School of Architecture, Other
Rose Scholarship for Design Excellence, Award