I grew up in rural Missouri, just east of Kansas City, moved to Boston after my undergraduate to work at Donald Lang Architects, and am now in Chicago where I earned my Master of Architecture from UIC's School of Architecture.
While digital tools allow for countless formal possibilities, I believe that the fundamental values of architecture remain the same. As Vitruvius wrote; firmness, commodity and delight.
Sarfatty Associates, Skokie, IL, US, Architectural Designer
Roger Washburn Landscape Architecture, Somerville, MA, AutoCad Teacher
• Taught AutoCad software, including the use of model space vs. paper space, sheet layout, and printing.
• While at DLA, I drafted Landscape Architecture hand sketches using AutoCad for a residential estate renovation, in collaboration with Roger Washburn.
Donald Lang Architects, Waban, MA, US, Architectural Designer
• Drafted design development drawings and construction documents using AutoCad; such as floor plans, furniture plans, reflected ceiling plans, switching diagrams, interior and exterior elevations, building sections, wall sections, plan and section details, casework details, door and window schedules, and equipment schedules.
• Worked with the principal and president of DLA on schematic design strategies.
• Assisted in the design of nine (9) bar and restaurant renovations, four (4) residential renovations and additions, and the conversion of a H. H. Richardson designed train station into separate commercial spaces.
• Documented existing building conditions for fourteen (14) individual projects.
• Specified interior finishes and fixtures, including tile, carpet, vinyl flooring, table tops and bases, chairs, banquettes , upholstery fabrics, wall coverings, interior and exterior paint, interior and exterior light fixtures, bar equipment, kitchen equipment, and plumbing fixtures.
• Assisted principal architect with construction administration, materials and building codes research.
• Maintained job binders and archived project documents.
• Collaborated with product representatives, consultants, and clients.
• Trained new employees in AutoCad standards and office procedures.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, US, Masters, Architecture
University of Missouri - Columbia, Columbia , Bachelors, Environmental Design
Year End Show Exhibitor UIC School of Architecture, Other
Rose Scholarship for Design Excellence, Award