I am a highly organized and self-motivated Architectural Designer with extensive experience in high-end residential interior design. Adept at Autocad, 3D modeling (Sketchup with some Revit and 3dMAX experience) and hand rendering. I possess a working knowledge of LA building codes and sustainable practices (LEED) and have exceptional written communication skills.
Burnham Design, Los Angeles, CA, US, Interior Architect, Graphic Design Support
- Create all in-house drawings including floor plans, elevations, millwork details and furniture plans using AutoCad.
- Write/enter all construction specifications in company database and prepare all materials for bid proposal packet.
- Make point of contact with construction team members: contractors, clients, outside architects, builders and vendors, including site visits and project management.
- Conceive and design press materials and keep publicity up to date across all media channels.
- Standardize company branding across drawings, presentation/bid materials, portfolio and press materials.
- Participated in 2014 Coastal Living Showhouse design, drawing, materials specifications and interiors installation.
DESIGN360unlimited, Santa Monica, CA, US, Intern/Freelance Graphic Support
- Modified layout and concept images for project design boards.
- Assisted designer in creating FF&E specifications and materials binder for client.
- Worked with in-house architect to translate hand-drawn and hard copy construction documents into AutoCad.
- Employed Illustrator to create printing template for future in-house architect’s proposal and construction documents.
Starbucks Coffee, Brentwood, CA, US, Shift Supervisor
- Promoted to Shift Supervisor within first year.
- Utilized “connect, discover and respond” practices to address customer needs.
- Awarded Barista Certification by mastering all handcrafted beverage recipes.
- Actively participated in training and coaching of new partners.
- Increased whole bean and beverage sales through suggestive selling to exceed quarterly promotional goals.
- Maintained organization of stock and storage areas and prioritized inventory management to reduce waste.
- Demonstrated and enforced cash management and register policies.
Built Inc., Silver Lake, CA, US, Intern: Designer, Drafter, Project Manager
- Employed 2d/3d computer-rendering skills to design interiors, furniture and outdoor structures.
- Measured and drafted various commercial and residential projects for as-built design documents.
- Scavenged and sourced building materials from local Los Angeles manufacturers.
- Knowledgeable of permit acquisition and general construction process per building safety and planning departments.
- Participated in Dwell on Design Convention 2012 by representing Built, Inc..
- Provisionary Project Manager for Cafecito Organico (Costa Mesa, CA).
Goody Clancy, Boston, MA, US, Intern, Author's Assistant
- Directly assisted principle/author in acquisition and organization of research material for Sustainable Presevation, including sustainable restoration practices and technologies developed for use in historic structures.
- Developed a detailed schematic to catalogue over 200 case studies containing all LEED certification details and innovative restoration techniques.
- Created individual case study descriptions for each project referenced in Sustainable Preservation.
- Compiled an illustration library with coordinating legal copyrights for all case study images.
University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI, US, MArch, Architecture