With my highly effective time management skills, during the last two years I have received my master's degree in Sustainable Interior Environments as well as working full time at Feldman and Feldman Architects. This masters degree gave me an insight into LEED and I will be taking the LEED Green Associates exam this winter. I am very eager to start working with a firm who works on environmental and LEED projects. I will be taking the LEED Green Associate v4 exam in January and hope one day to become LEED AP BD-C.A
Feldman and Feldman Architects is a family owned high end, architecture and interior design firm located in central New Jersey. With this job I have been successful in taking architectural drawings from preliminary to construction documents. I have also been working with the senior interior designer on interior projects, whether it be pricing furniture and fixtures to meeting with clients and going to showrooms. I work closely with a New Jersey modular company to construct the foundation, patio and deck plans for residential homes throughout New Jersey. Since Hurricane Sandy there are new, strict zoning codes along the Jersey Shore that we must follow. Also secretary duties include answering phones, scheduling appointments for senior architects and speaking with contractors and inspectors.
Feldman & Feldman Architects, Colts Neck, NJ, US, Interior Architect
• Work with senior designer on high end residential interior projects.
• Call vendors and price out furniture and fixtures.
• Meet with clients to go over drawings and go to showrooms.
• Work on different phases of architectural projects from preliminary drawings to construction documents.
• Complete RESchecks to make sure new homes, additions, and alterations meet the requirements of the IECC and/or a number of state energy codes.
• Working with multiple modular companies to construct the modular homes foundation, porch and deck plans for residential homes throughout New Jersey.
• Must follow strict zoning/building codes along shore towns since Hurricane Sandy
• Work with zoning officials to address issues and/or plan rejections
Point Pleasant Beach and Surf Club, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, US, Beach Attendant
Eleven Interiors, Boston, MA, US, Intern
• Created Sketch Up floor plans and perspectives for client review
• Created high end look books from images for clients
• Met with vendors regarding their new fabric and product lines
• Took senior designer’s custom built Revit furniture and built it in Sketch Up
• Sourced furnishings from magazines for resource books
• Organized library with up to date fabrics
New York School of Interior Design (NYSID), New York, NY, US, Masters, Sustainable Interior Enviornments
It was a one-year, 13 course, post-professional program focusing on specialized knowledge, thinking, and skills, to prepare design professionals in developing and maintaining sustainable interior spaces. Withing this program I was exposed to a wide range of topics, research methods, integrated design development methodologies, and sustainable project management practices.
The New England Institute of Art, Brookline, MA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Studio courses were Fundementals of Working Drawings, Residential Design, Commercial Design, Institutional Design, Interior Architectural Systems and Senior Thesis
Senior thesis was a two semester course for graduation, 1st semester was Graduate Research and Programming. I had to pick a social issue, Ocean Pollution, write a thesis, find an existing building and gut the space.
The second semester was Grad Project: Design Development. This is where I started to design the space. I turned a three story office building into an Aquarium and Marine Biologist Center.