Junior Architectural Designer
A Junior Designer with 2 years of professional experience and a Master's Degree from the University of Washington. Solid conceptual and design process skills and problem solving ability with exceptional work ethic. Project type experience includes concept through construction documentation in AutoCAD and Revit. Fast learner with strong initiative, organizational skills, and multi-tasking capabilities. Capacity to support strategic direction and effective communication to senior staff. Multilingual with fluency in English and Arabic; some Italian. Currently exploring opportunities at the junior architectural level outside of the US; Visa support required.
Commercial - Office
Adobe CS 6 /Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
➢ Understands how to present architectural planning solutions using ACAD, Revit and 3Ds Max.
➢ Experienced with client presentations and consultant coordination, Structural and MEP.
➢ Understanding of basic building codes and related issues in space planning.
➢ Experienced in re-adaptive/sustainable design.
➢ Team-player with a willingness to learn.
➢ Communicates effectively with all levels of organization.
Currently enrolled in IDP program; planning to pursue ARE's in 2015.
LEED AP in 2014.
Learning Rhino 3D
NicholsBooth Architects, San Francisco, CA, US, Junior Designer
Assigned to several projects, including commercial, hospitality and healthcare projects. Currently assisting in a full-set of CDs in Revit.
• Preparation of architectural plan, elevation, section sheets.
• Producing construction documents using Revit for a 13,000 SF. office adaptive re-use project.
• Model custom Revit families such as railings, doors, windows, millwork and medical equipment.
• Produce alternative design solutions when needed.
• Coordinate with structural engineers and make adjustments accordingly.
• Assist other teams in SD, DD and CD phases, projects include corporate office interiors, and medical clinics.
• Review work for design integrity, accuracy, and quality with team members.
• Conduct site and existing building documentation, completing as-builts.
• Participate in design competitions and marketing efforts, providing graphic design.
InterIm Community Development Association, Seattle, WA, US, Graphic Design Intern
Assisted Director of Marketing with graphic marketing materials for presentation.
• Prepared presentations for potential and existing sponsors/clients.
• Created collateral material in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for a variety of clients.
• Coordinated with printing companies for material production purposes, assuring quality.
2K Architects, Engineers & Planners, Amman-Jordan, Architectural Assistant
Worked closely with lead architect and clients in this hands-on position.
• Worked on project from concept through design development phase on a 100,000 SF adaptive reuse hospitality project.
• Prepared presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client.
• Created architectural 3D digital models and 2D drawings using SketchUp and AutoCAD.
• Produced computer renderings using 3Ds Max and Adobe Photoshop.
• Translated designs and sketches of senior level staff into architectural plans.
• Participated in consultant coordination meetings with MEP and structure engineers and assured that changes were incorporated into drawings.
• Collaborated with lead architect to perform design adjustments and incorporated meeting comments.
• Supervised and mentored summer interns to assure integrity and timeliness of work.
• Researched building materials and safety codes.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State), University Park, PA, US, BArch, Architecture
Premio Piranesi, 1st Place
Visitor Center for Villa Adriana, Tivoli - Italy