Seeking a challenging, leading role in a creative and ambitious design firm where my expertise and talent would be fully utilized to help my team achieve higher levels of excellence and recognition in the Interior Design and Architecture world.
Design Eternal, New York, NY, US, Freelance Senior Interior Designer
• Launched and marketed Design Eternal as my personal design practice working on both commercial and residential projects.
• Repeatedly exceeded client’s expectations by proposing creative conceptual designs that meet client’s requirements and budget constraints.
• Designed, sourced and specified FF&E and produced working drawings for custom furniture, finishes, lighting and other custom designs.
• Coordinated and supervised third party consultants and engineers to ensure the production of proper sets of construction documents that imply and meet code requirements.
• Managed bid process by sourcing out qualified contractors and negotiating bids.
• Supervised construction progress and ensured work is completed on time and according to specifications.
• Followed up with vendors and manufacturers to ensure meeting deadlines and the highest quality of work.
• Successfully and continuously gained repeated business and new client referrals by maintaining a healthy relationship with clients, vendors and contractors.
Apex-Pal USA, Inc., New York, NY, US, Senior Interior Designer
• Sole in-house Senior Interior Designer for the US launch of Sakae Sushi, a Singapore-based Hi-Tech sushi chain with over 70 restaurants worldwide.
• Designed and supervised the renovation for all of Sakae Sushi U.S. restaurants and offices including their 4,000 sq ft US flagship Store on the ground floor of the Chrysler building.
• Provided site survey for proposed new restaurant locations and assisted in lease negotiations.
• Proposed conceptual designs and coordinated with headquarters to ensure meeting brand design requirements.
• Custom designed furniture, special lighting fixtures and special advanced restaurant equipment in accordance to the US NSF and UL certification specifications.
• Worked closely with consulting firms and engineers to meet design code requirements.
• Produced and reviewed construction documents in accordance with code requirements for D.O.B. filing and landmark preservation commission.
• Sourced out qualified contractors and reviewed and negotiated bids.
• Supervised construction progress and ensured work was completed on schedule and in accordance with specifications.
• Reviewed and minimized/eliminated contractors change orders by providing alternative design solutions.
• Produced punch list and requested qualified cost omission.
SAAB Tuners, New York, NY, US, Product Designer, Buyer & Sales Manager.
• Launched one of the first Automotive High Performance Companies to specialize in racing parts and customizing accessories for the Iconic Swedish car brand SAAB.
• Created drawings and specs for custom products.
• Placed custom orders with parts manufacturers and followed up to ensure the highest quality of products
• Managed warehouse inventory and coordinated shipments of products.
• Designed promotional materials for online advertising and special events.
• Participated in promotional events and trade shows.
• Provided customer and technical support and monitored customer feedback for continuous improvements.
Campaniello Enterprises, Inc., New York, NY, US, Senior Interior Designer/ Marketing Specialist
• Sole in-house designer and main sales specialist for all Northeast, West Coast and international projects for the exclusive importer of Il Loft, Reflex, Cassina, Nespoli, Varaschin and Rossi.
• Main contact with Italian manufacturers for all products and ordering aspects for all showrooms.
• Designed furniture pieces and manipulated existing designs for custom projects.
• Approved all U.S. showrooms’ custom furniture designs before submitting final specs to manufacturers.
• Responsible for the design of floor plans and floor sample pieces for each of the five showrooms by coordinating products and finishes from different manufacturers based on showroom locations and regional clientele taste.
• Increased sales by presenting the line to interior design and architecture firms and updating them with new products and the latest design trends.
• Trained in-house designers and sales teams on product knowledge and helped them perfect their selling skills and design abilities.
• Designated pricing on all products based on conversion rate, appropriate markup, and perceived customer value.
• Supported the company's sales team to overcome their customers’ issues and objections.
• Followed up with clients after deliveries to ensure a superior customer service experience and gain client confidence for future work.
Maurice Villency, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer / Sales Associate
• Within the first month became the #1 generator in design service sales and #2 in furniture sales volume among a team of 7 experienced Sales/design associates. Constantly met and exceeded sales goals for each month and became an example of motivation to fellow teammates.
• Provided comprehensive interior design service for clients.
• Customized and manipulated designs of furniture pieces, wall systems, and other complex design elements to meet clients’ needs.
• Streamlined client’s budget while maximizing sales within the company’s product line.
• Prepared and presented 2D and 3D design concepts to quickly materialize sales of custom furnishings.
Becoming Green Inc., New York, NY, US, Certified Green Designer, CGD.
The Green Designer certification is a specialized and tailored educational program developed to bring comprehensive and reliable information to the professional with any construction background – from architecture and interior design, to the electrical and plumbing trades, or any other aspect of the construction field. You’ll learn how to apply green design principles and green practices to any project.
Xerox / Maurice Villency- Roche Bobois, New York, NY, US, Professional Selling Skills
Structured selling techniques originally pioneered by xerox based on empirical global research.
Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, Bachelors, Interior Architechture
Interior Design and Interior Architecture.