John Shulters is the founder of Ascension Studios, a multi-faceted creative production group providing visual solutions to the architecture & design industries. John is an Autodesk Certified Professional and a beta tester for Autodesk products and countless industry-related tools.
John stays ahead of the technological curve by adopting the latest software & hardware to solve design problems and provide clients with high fidelity and clarity of content, while maintaining a close, personal, and friendly relationship in a team environment. He adds value to 3D design by not simply creating images but by telling compelling stories.
Ascension Studios, Placerville, CA, US, President
• Managed all aspects of 3D content creation and animation production, from initial storyboarding & concept layout, to rigid & environment modeling, lighting & materials, and final rendering, compositing, and effects.
• Developed real-time interactive environments with game engines & created physical 3D models.
• Designed branding solutions with 2D graphics, presentations, web design, video production, & photography.
AECOM (DMJM H&N), Orange, CA, US, 3D Visualization Specialist
• Solely responsible for creation of 3D models, texturing, lighting, animation, & rendering.
• Created 2D design including marketing materials, Flash presentations, web design, & video.
• Assisted in CAD drafting & standards, and managed scanning & reproduction department.
Bill Viola Studios, Long Beach, CA, US, Production Assistant
• Managed studio, including organization & maintenance of computers, artwork, and equipment.
• Assisted in video production, including lighting, camera operation, video assist, & digital editing.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, US, Bachelors, Fine Arts
Bachelor of Fine Arts, sculpture emphasis
Graduated summa cum laude