Creative and talented Sr. Project Architect / Project Manager with comprehensive experience in all phases of a project; from the creation of innovative ideas, spatial/aesthetic studies, design development to effective management of construction administration. Experienced leading a fast-paced collaborative creative environment, supervising construction documents production, RFP & contract reviews and costs monitoring. Responsible for coordination with clients, project team, consultants and contractors; team schedule, site visits and mentoring junior staff. Particularly passionate about the creative process.
BRIAN O’KEEFE ARCHITECT, PC, New York, NY USA , SR. PROJECT ARCHITECT/ PROJECT DESIGNER
Participated with Principal in initial meeting with owner, negotiating project concept, program, contracts and budget. Complete responsibility of project design and development, preparation of project presentation to owners and project schedule; research code and zoning issues. Oversee construction documents and detailing. Secure government agency approvals. Coordinate RFP’s, construction administration, consultants and contractors. Lead weekly site meetings with contractors; solve construction issues. Mentor junior staff.
• Moores Residence, One57 Tower 81st FL. Luxurious apartment residence with study, 5 bedroom & bathrooms - 6,860 ft2, NYC
• Bueno Residence, One57 Tower 80st FL. Luxurious residence – 6,600 ft2 NYC
• Central Park West Residence - 4,707 ft2, NYC
• Bronxville House, 3 stories single family - 3,500 ft2, NYC
• Asbury Park House, 2 stories single family - 1,629 ft2, NJ
• Galli Residence, East 57th Street apt. - 1,300 ft2, NYC
• King Residence Renovation, - 2,000 ft2 , New Canaan, Connecticut
Design Bureaux, Inc, New York, NY, US, DESIGNER/INTERIOR ARCHITECT
Created aesthetic concepts and spatial design, presented design ideas with clients; successfully developed projects within program and cost requirements; designed custom furniture for each space, material research, produced construction documents, construction and custom furniture detailing. Coordinated RFP’s, managed communication between consultants, contractors and client. Visited construction sites on weekly basis.
• The Gander, American restaurant and bar room, Flatiron District, NYC
• Parm Upper West Side, Italian Restaurant, NYC
• Parm Williamsburg, Italian Restaurant, NYC
• Parm Battery Park, Italian Restaurant, NYC
• Santina, coastal Italian Restaurant, Meat Packing District, NYC
• Flatbush Restaurant, 2 stories, Main Dining Room & Bar in first floor
Roof terrace, beer garden in second floor, Brooklyn, NYC
• Mezcal Bar & Artisanal Beer Brewery, 3 stories building divided in two. A mescal bar & tapas space. An artisanal beer brewery and tasting bar, Chicago, IL
• DBGB Kitchen & Bar DC, French Restaurant, Washington DC
FREELANCE CONSULTANT, New York, NY, US, PROJECT ARCHITECT
Designed and develop high-end residential projects for architectural firms, including construction documents and detailing for each project. Reviewed projects and determined specific needs such as space, ventilation, machinery/equipment modifications, locations, and specific renovations. Created 3D models and renderings. Clients are from past projects in the Dominican Republic and the Antilles
BO ARKITEKTURA, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, PROJECT DIRECTOR / HEAD DESIGNER
Complete responsivity of creating a luxury residential complex master plan for a well-known real estate developer based on required program, residential lots, services, entertainment. Led a team of 4 designer, creating 10 luxury beachfront houses models, service, landscape, country club, 2 restaurants and guest house; providing design concepts and direction through project development process. Supervised construction documents and detailing production.
GVA -GÓMEZ VÁZQUEZ ALDANA & ASO, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Project Director / Lead Architectural Designer
• Promoted to Project Director/Lead Architectural designer after a proven record of excellent design solutions and successful project completions
• Led and coordinated a group of seven designers
• Designed complex master plans, site plans of high-end residential, commercial and hospitality projects through all of its phases
• Managed programming, analysis estimates, materials procurement, and vendors
• Coordinated and cultivated client relationship and external consultant teams
• Performed on-site supervision of multiple projects in different phases
GVA - GÓMEZ VÁZQUEZ ALDANA & ASO, New York, NY, US, PROJECT DIRECTOR / LEAD DESIGNER
Collaborated with principal with contract negotiation, owners meetings to establish project programs and budgets. Led project presentations for clients and a group of 7 designers. Responsible to create project concept, provide design direction, team schedules, oversee contract and cost execution, supervising construction documents, responsible for consultant coordination, bid analysis, construction administration, review of RFP’s proposals and site visits.
PROJECT ARCHITECT (Sept 2005 - April 2007): Responsible to develop the design of high end beachfront houses and mix use high rise buildings under direction of Project Director, construction documents and construction detail drafting.
Projects PD & PA included:
• 3 Hotel Resorts in Dominican Republic & Puerto Rico
• 6 High end urban houses in Mexico and Santo Domingo, DR
• 19 Luxury beachfront villas in the Caribbean.
• 2 Mix use high rise buildings in Santo Domingo, DR
• 1 Commercial Mall with apparel stores, food courts, movie theaters, plaza.
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), Santo Dominigo, Dominican Republic, Project Management
Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, MArch, Architectural Design
Master in Architectural Design.
Universidad Central del Este (UCE), San Pedro de Macorís, Dominican Republic, BArch, Architecture
Universidad Central del Este (UCE), San Pedro de Macorís, Dominican Republic, Bachelors, Interior Design