My experiences with the architectural community have been filled with a number of great opportunities. I am someone who leaps at the chance to progress my skills. I started my graduate studies in 2013 at Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in Savannah Georgia; and throughout my time in graduate school, I was pleased to be a part of a good number of impactful studio projects and competitions. During the summer of 2015, I was selected as one of 30 international groups for NASA’s 3d printing competition; designing a habitat for mars exploration. Finalist also included Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), as well as Norman Foster Design. I collaborated with a team of 25 students, inclusive of students from UNIS in Antigua, Guatemala, to create a studio project that involved a Cultural and Research Center. I also worked along-side designer, Dakota Jackson of New York to aid with ideas for his exhibition; a retrospective of his life’s works.
Prior to graduate school, I completed my under graduate studies at Prairie View A&M in Prairie View, Texas in 2009 with a bachelor’s of science in architecture. Immediately after graduation from Prairie View A&M, I spent time focusing on graphic design. I dealt specifically with album art work, which required that I take the ideas of clients and within those parameters, transform their ideas to reality. Still intrigued by architecture, I also worked as a facilities consultant with Community Development Institute (CDI) based in Denver, Colorado, where I gained a good working knowledge of building codes and regulations.
Freelance Graphic Designer, Kansas City, MO, US, freelance Graphic Designer
Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. Listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. Communicating in such a way that will best meet the needs for the client's BRAND.
Specializing in Company logos and Album Art in relation to music.
CDI Community Development Institute, Denver, CO, US, Consultant Facilities Specialist
Facilities specialist, health and safety procedures( building codes), recommendations for contract work, handling the re-newal of lease agreements, HR work involving the hiring process.
Habitat for Humanity, Kansas City, MO, US, Volunteer
Taking on the construction part of volunteering, helping to build houses for families in need. working closely with contractors and other volunteers.
Spofford, Kansas City, MO, US, mentor
Giving insight about keeping on task and setting goals and priorities.
Continue to encourage the mentee to learn and improve.
Working time to time with the mentee’s case worker and therapist
When necessary, pointing out areas that need improvement, always focusing on the mentee’s behavior, never his/her character.
Worldwide Liquidators, Kansas City, MO, US, Sales
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
2. Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
3. Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
4. Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
5. Communicate customer requests to management.
6. Assist in completing price changes within the department.
7. Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
8. Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
9. Operate forklift and rug cutting machine.
puma, Cypress, TX, US, Sales
1. Properly inform customers about the PUMA brand and products.
2. Achieve sales targets of the store and the daily turnover.
3. Achieve individual sales target.
4. Assist in all work dealing with inventory control and daily "cycle counts".
5. Communicate merchandise and selling ideas to the store manager.
6. Take care of the store displays, in accordance with the guidelines and general household PUMA procedures.
7. Open and close the store, along with the store manager, following the proper procedures.
Kenneth Cole Productions, Cypress, TX, US, Sales
1. Maintain customer contact for sales staff.
2. Properly inform customers about the Kenneth Cole brand and products.
3. Achieve sales targets of the store and the daily turnover.
4. Achieve individual sales target.
5. Assist in all work dealing with inventory control and daily "cycle counts".
6. Communicate merchandise and selling ideas to the store manager.
7. Take care of the store displays, in accordance with the guidelines and general household Kenneth Cole procedures.
8. Open and close the store, along with the store manager, following the proper procedures.
timlis arketekcher, Kansas City, MO, US, intern
1.converting floor plans/blueprints into auto-cad formatting
2.rendering design for substation,involving front facade design to fit the environment
3.determining square footage and specifications for different renovation projects
4.shadowing the senior architecture through day to day tasks and the client process
5.rendering three to-scale drawings for substation project
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA, US, MArch, architecture
Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX, US, BArch, architecture
competition with winners can be found via Archdaily.com