A great architect is not made by way of a brain nearly so much as he is made by way of a cultivated, enriched heart. ~frank Lloyd wright
This quote is something that has helped me along in the process of achieving my goals; one can apply this not only to architecture, but to any career. I feel for a person to succeed there has to be a passion for excellence.
Graduating from Prairie View a&M and now enrolled at Savannah College of Art and Design (Masters in architecture), I’m taking Steps necessary to thrive in a competitive work force. My vision is to be a well-rounded professional specializing in Architecture. Organization, creativity, Innovation, motivation, and ambition are things I believe companies look for, which is something I can provide.
The more I involve myself with architecture it has lead me to new and exciting realms that has kept me wanting more. Graphic design is one of those realms that has begun to take shape along with architecture, while still taking an idea that a client has given and within those parameters transform an Idea to reality.
“There is so much to learn about architecture, even being my age, I am still learning. If I knew everything about this profession, then that’s the day I need to move on, so take your time and experience architecture” - advise from an anonymous architect
Freelance Graphic Designer, Kansas City, MO, US, freelance Graphic Designer
Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. Listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. Communicating in such a way that will best meet the needs for the client's BRAND.
Specializing in Company logos and Album Art in relation to music.
Spofford, Kansas City, MO, US, mentor
Giving insight about keeping on task and setting goals and priorities.
Continue to encourage the mentee to learn and improve.
Working time to time with the mentee’s case worker and therapist
When necessary, pointing out areas that need improvement, always focusing on the mentee’s behavior, never his/her character.
Habitat for Humanity, Kansas City, MO, US, Volunteer
Taking on the construction part of volunteering, helping to build houses for families in need. working closely with contractors and other volunteers.
Worldwide Liquidators, Kansas City, MO, US, Sales
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
2. Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
3. Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
4. Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
5. Communicate customer requests to management.
6. Assist in completing price changes within the department.
7. Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
8. Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
9. Operate forklift and rug cutting machine.
puma, Cypress, TX, US, Sales
1. Properly inform customers about the PUMA brand and products.
2. Achieve sales targets of the store and the daily turnover.
3. Achieve individual sales target.
4. Assist in all work dealing with inventory control and daily "cycle counts".
5. Communicate merchandise and selling ideas to the store manager.
6. Take care of the store displays, in accordance with the guidelines and general household PUMA procedures.
7. Open and close the store, along with the store manager, following the proper procedures.
Kenneth Cole Productions, Cypress, TX, US, Sales
1. Maintain customer contact for sales staff.
2. Properly inform customers about the Kenneth Cole brand and products.
3. Achieve sales targets of the store and the daily turnover.
4. Achieve individual sales target.
5. Assist in all work dealing with inventory control and daily "cycle counts".
6. Communicate merchandise and selling ideas to the store manager.
7. Take care of the store displays, in accordance with the guidelines and general household Kenneth Cole procedures.
8. Open and close the store, along with the store manager, following the proper procedures.
timlis arketekcher, Kansas City, MO, US, intern
1.converting floor plans/blueprints into auto-cad formatting
2.rendering design for substation,involving front facade design to fit the environment
3.determining square footage and specifications for different renovation projects
4.shadowing the senior architecture through day to day tasks and the client process
5.rendering three to-scale drawings for substation project
Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX, US, BArch, architecture