see all...Viewing 3 out of 7 projects
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Architecture who has honed my skills through hands on experience and education. By possessing a strong passion and appreciation for design and details, I have thrived in the challenges inherent in projects from start to finish including concept design, design development, model-making, material and color selection, construction documents and contractor interaction. Experience in both residential and corporate structures has given me the opportunity to excel at many diverse project types. I am an imaginative, creative and resourceful team player with the ability to multi-task and deliver projects within strict time-frames and budget restraints. I am always ready to learn new things, flexible and open- minded.
Urban Agriculture Project for the Boston Architectural College and Boston Dept. of Neighborhood Development, Boston, MA, US, Team Leader/ Designer
• Worked with a small team to develop a range of specific designs for urban agriculture initiatives throughout Boston.
• Developed designs for a series of sites recommended by the Department of Neighborhood Development for Urban Food Systems, which included Commercial Urban Agriculture, Aquaponics, and Community Farming.
• Finished designs were completed in AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Design Suite and submitted to the Department of Neighborhood Development.
Avalon Building Systems, Inc., Stoughton, MA, US, Project Management/ Jr. Designer
• Responsibilities included producing renderings, creating presentation materials, application and supervision of building permit process, furniture and finish selection, design and creation of marketing materials for promotion of firm.
• Generated proposals and contracts for various projects including large scale condominiums, residential projects, restaurants, and office buildings.
• Management responsibilities for three junior staff members
• Design, documentation, and construction administration of concurrent projects.
• Coordination and management of field personnel for various ongoing construction projects and on-site contract and construction administration.
• Organizing and maintaining ongoing job files and delegation of tasks, including correspondence, generating daily reports, pricing and contracts.
• Conducted client meetings with current and prospective clients to define project parameters and develop specifications.
Project types include: commercial interiors, single and multi-family residential and small scale commercial projects.
Milton Costello, P.E., CCS, MAI, Consulting Engineer, Stony Brook, NY, US, Administration
• Proposal writing and organizational work
• Structuring affidavits and writing reports for multiple projects including large scale commercial projects
• Documentation of concurrent projects, organizing and maintaining ongoing job files including correspondence
First Step Realty, Boston, MA, US, Director of Photography
• Surveying existing building structures and creation of associated AutoCAD plans when necessary
• Client interactions and creation of marketing and presentation materials using multiple mediums including Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Publisher
• Photography and documentation of multi-tenant buildings
Boston Architectural College (BAC), Boston, MA, US, BArch, Architecture
Completed Professional Degree Program
On an academic and design level, I have been fortunate to work on a variety of different projects, including a performing arts center in Cambridge, MA, detailing of an emergency building in Boston, a retail center in East Boston, and educational facilities at the Arnold Arboretum. During my studies and projects, I was also exposed to green design and LEED requirements as well as detailing and designing with ADA requirements. The diversity of these exercises has aided in the development of my design and programming skills, including solving design problems and concept development in order to cultivate generative ideas and to methodologically translate them into a complete architectural proposal. I believe that I have developed a great balance between academic work and professional work which has helped me with my ability to multi-task.
Design Work Published in Boston Architectural Practice Magazine, January 2011 edition, Other
Work published in Practice Magazine January 2011 edition for work on the Urban Agriculture Project for the Boston Architectural College and Boston Dept. of Neighborhood Development.
Awarded the John Heman Piling Architecture Design Scholarship, Award
I was awarded the John Heman Piling Architecture Design Scholarship for travel to Mexico in 2009. This award including a monetary value for use in travel to Mexico to study the work of Luis Barragan throughout Mexico.