I am a graduate architecture student at Morgan State University in Baltimore, who in a long-term wants to bridge multiple disciplines for individuals and communities to thrive: from what we eat to where and how we live. I am a self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven entrepreneur and team-player.
After graduating from the Johns Hopkins University with a Bachelors degree in Business and Management, I worked at Arbitron, where I analyzed media market data for multiple metropolitan areas throughout the United States. There, I learned the importance of numbers and statistics as well as team and individual contributions coming together to support the company’s and client’s objectives.
Through my pursuit to live a healthy and sustainable lifestyle, I began to research and implement holistic nutrition and green design in my life. This transformed into helping others with customized wellness solutions at Sunlight Natural Health Clinic. There, I learned that the built environment is contributing to many health issues. Hence, I began to see the importance of sustainable architecture and environmental design.
I have completed 57 out of 90 credits towards my Masters in Architecture degree. I am fascinated by the concept of simple complexity, environmentally healthy and responsible architecture in conjunction with landscape and community. Through school, I traveled to India to conduct research on infrastructure, services and natural systems, and studied the proximity analysis of small urban areas. These experiences have helped in shaping me to live consciously, think globally, but act locally.
I am looking forward to gain experience in the green building industry as my long-term plan includes working for an architectural firm or a developer that transforms undernourished low-income housing and retirement places into thriving communities.
Self Employed, Columbia, MD, Wellness Consultant
• Provide individualized wellness solutions in collaboration with holistic health professionals to patients overcoming various health conditions.
• Educate and coach patients about conscious living: focusing on behavior modification through developing appropriate eating habits, cooking whole foods and raw-vegan meals, shifting to environmentally friendly personal care and cleaning products, implementing custom exercise regiment, applying sleep and stress management along with indoor air and water quality assessment.
Arbitron, Columbia, MD, Market & Data Analyst
• Analyzed anomalies within different time frame reports for major US Metropolitan Areas.
• Co-developed and established a new PPM Market Area department.
• Co-developed, tested and implemented new standard reports in Business Intelligence Tool | Access | Excel.
• Modernized data collection and analysis of a main address based market.
• Created documentation for internal and quality assurance departments.
Johns Hopkins University, Office of Academic Advising, Baltimore, MD, US, Study Consultant & Undergraduate Office Assistant
• Instructed students on academic probation to increase self-discipline and organizational skills, and created intervention resulting in improvement of time management, study skills and grades.
• Provided general office support to department serving approximately 2,500 students.
Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD, US, MArch, Architecture
Architectural Design Studio • Statics & Strength of Materials • Building Materials • Environmental Controls • High Density Urban Design • Built Environment & Urban Landscape Design History • Built Environmental Design, Urban Form & Infrastructure • Graphics & Computer Aided Design
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, US, Bachelors, Business and Management
Market Research • Marketing • E-Commerce • Negotiation & Mediation • Workforce Diversity • Human Resources Management • Employment Law • Logistics • Process & Operations Management • Organizational Behavior • Financial Statement Analysis • Corporate Finance
• Digital Fabrication Precursor: Fan-out Frame. Architectural Drawing: A Visual Compendium of Types and Methods. Courtesy of William W. Chan. Rendow Yee. 4th Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2012.
• Proximity Analysis on the Asi Ghat | Varanasi, India. MSIRPC Research Symposium Entry & Presentation, Morgan State University | Baltimore, MD. Spring 2010.