A motivated Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) Manager, who can discern and advise on how to increase productivity and provide quick ROI.
Your bottom line is my focus.
I am currently blending two successful careers into one wonderful life!
In addition to being an exceptional BIM Manager with a tremendous variety of experience and expertise, I am also one of America's Premiere Santa Clauses and with my fantastic wife we make many wonderful memories for young and old every year! www.TheJollyOldElf.com
Consultant, Newport News, VA, US, Instructor/Tutor/BIM Manager
• Instructed/tutored students (up to ten at a time), in different locations, on Autodesk software: Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD etc. bringing them to full proficiency.
• Guest lecturer at Old Dominion University, ITT Technical Institute, Inlet Technology, and private lessons.
USACE - Norfolk District, Norfolk, VA, US, CAD/BIM Manager and Systems Administrator
Contractor Position through ETI Professionals, Inc.
• Assisted staff in the use of highly specialized Autodesk and Bentley CAD/BIM software and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) used in the design of multiple type of facilities, by all disciplines, and established policy.
• Advised Chief of Engineering Branch, and above, on technological advances; including training requirements for technicians, engineers, and architects and the implementation of guidance from higher authority.
• Planned, coordinated, provided authoritative advice on all CAD/BIM related efforts and Electronic Bid Set contracting. Successfully negotiated optimal pricing for software purchases and training – 90% savings.
CMSS Architects, PC, Virginia Beach, VA, US, CAD Systems Manager
Promoted from Architectural Technician – 05/2003
• Oversaw the training and proficiency of 70+ CAD Users of varying levels of expertise in three offices across Virginia, and interfaced with clients; reported to a Principal of the firm.
• Recommended, implemented, and customized digital design software: Architectural Desktop, and Revit.
• Routine duties included: reviewing and enforcing the firm's standard; evaluating CAD Users for employment and annual review; interfacing with various department heads, vendors, and service technicians; coordinate with Systems Administrator on daily basis.
CRRM Architects, Norfolk, VA, US, Architectural Technician
• Drafting and design of new construction and renovation documents for commercial projects.
• Active member of the design team; interfaced with consultants, and integrated with the IT specialist.
• Initiated and developed CADD Education Reference Library to simplify document construction.
ITT Technical Institute, Online Campus, Bachelors, Project Management
Project Management program which will roll right into an MBA in 2015.
Saint Michael's College, Winooski, VT, US, Bachelors, Theater
Had to leave college due to family dynamics, but completed all 'major' courses before leaving. I only needed to fulfill the electives.
ITT Technical Institute, Norfolk, Virginia, US, CAD Drafting
Associate of Applied Sciences degree in computer-aided and manual drafting.