see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Before my graduate study, I gained about three years' professional experience in architecture and urban design in China. I was involved in many projects including comprehensive planning, urban design and architecture design. I am familiar with Chinese architecture market and had experience in dealing with different clients. I worked as a principal architecture in a government funded project in Beijing and got it built in 2008.
During my master’s study at Texas A&M University, I have gained lots of knowledge and practice in planning, zoning and subdivision ordinance, land use planning, site planning, environmental planning, and transportation planning. Also I have gained field work experience colleting and compiling data, technical analyses such as demographic, forecast and needs evaluations, cost-benefit analysis, and environmental impact statements. I worked in student projects and intern projects in United States, which made me familiar with United States’ architecture and planning market.
I am fluent in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese and English, and familiar with both China and United States’ market. I am skilled with Arch GIS, SPSS, Photoshop, Indesign, AutoCAD, Google Earth, Sketchup and also a quick learner with new software. What's more, I am a good team worker and I have experience in working with people from different backgrounds.
City of Brownwood, Brownwood,TX, CA, Student Planner
• Acted as a team member, focus on housing and urban design
• Created the 2010 – 2030 Comprehensive Plan of the City of Brownwood, presented to the city officials and received high praise
Texas Forest Service, College Station, TX, US, Intern Planner
• Participated in Project of Emerging Communities, worked with the city of Millican independently under a supervisor
• Conducted analyses, including demographic, economic and environment evaluation, mapped the development using GIS, and made recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative analysis;
• Wrote the state of community report and presented findings to the Mayor
China Int. Engineering Co. Ltd, Beijing, China, Associate Architect
• Won the bid of the design of Tangshan Sports Center against 7 other competitors
• Worked as a principal architecture in a government funded project named Sunshine Halfway Home in Beijing and got it built in 200
• Projects including: building design, low-income housing development (100 hectares), interior design, residential community design and development
Tsinghua Urban Planning & Design Inst, Beijing, China, Urban Designer
• Worked with other two team workers on Site plan, Multi-modal transportation analysis, and Traffic impact analysis; focused on site plan
• Presented to clients and rated as the best plan by both the climates and professors
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, US, Masters, Urban Panning
• Emphases: urban design, real estate, energy efficiency
Tsinghua University, Beijing, CN, BArch, Architecture
Emphases: architecture design, sustainable building and cities, real estate investment
The Xiandai Excellent Design Price, 1st Place
an urban design project about the Summer Place area in Beijing