To whom it may concern;
I have nine years of experience in architecture/ construction, which extends from high-end residential, retail, commercial-banking and transportation. I also have strong experience in construction administration, construction documents, surveying and knowledge on construction site-observations. I believe I would be an immediate and long-term asset to your firm.
I possess impeccable technical and computer skills with advanced knowledge of Auto CAD, Revit, Adobe and other graphics communication programs. My attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills ensure that every project I work on is done accurately and to the highest possible standard. I am comfortable working as part of a team but also have the ability to take an authoritative role when the situation arises. My verbal communication skills and positive attitude make me an effective communicator with all clients I work with.
I am currently pursuing my architectural registration and have five more sections to complete before I become a licensed professional. I bring these key transferable skills for an opportunity with your company.
• Team player
• Self starter
• Highly organized and detail oriented
I strongly believe that my past experience, combined with my education and strong desire to continue to develop professionally will enable me to contribute very quickly to your company’s efforts. I would welcome an opportunity to present samples of my work and discuss possibilities of employment with your firm. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Jacobs, Morristown, NJ, US, Project Architect
Duties include all aspects of design from schematic to construction documentation production as well as construction administration duties, and field surveying duties. Tasks include completion of the following projects:
• Amtrak Accessible Stations Development Program (Various locations) - Responsible for coordinating construction documents with a design-builder to renovate Amtrak train stations and platforms across the U.S. Work includes surveying various sites throughout the country for documenting existing site conditions as well as developing working drawings to accurately describe the scope of work to the design-builder. Attend weekly conferences for status updates.
• US Army Corps of Engineers, Savannah Center of Standardization/ Battalion Headquarters, Fort Stewart, GA - Task included assisting senior project manager in developing schematic designs, as well as construction documents using Microstation/ AutoCAD for bid package for the US army corps.
• (TSA) Transportation Security Administration/ U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Various locations) - Provide designs for new security areas as per new TSA standards. Develop construction documents for new security areas. Field survey and keep track by creating a log of existing equipment for “as-built” documentation for various sites throughout the country.
• (NASA) Kennedy Space Center Roof Replacement Program, Cape Canaveral, FL - Program consisted of replacing and providing new hurricane resistant roof structures throughout NASA 27acre facility in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Tasks include field surveys and development of roofing details of various types. As well as develop construction documents for entire program.
• SUNY Purchase College, Purchase, NY - Responsible for developing construction documents for relocation and renovation of multiple offices and classrooms. Work includes renovation of existing rooms and interior designing throughout entire campus.
• Madison Hotel, Morristown, NJ - Responsible for the assessment and roofing survey of the current condition of existing roof and the ageing roofing materials and structures. Prepare reports and assess the conditions of each roof for potential maintenance and repair.
• YUM Brands Taco Bell, KFC (Various locations) - Responsible for developing construction documents based on site feasibility study and design criteria. Coordinated with MEP disciplines for preparation of construction documents.
• Keybank Branch Modernization Program (Various locations) - Project architect for Keybank’s modernization program which consists of updating over 160 Keybank locations to their new standards. Responsibilities included: field surveys, development of drawing templates, schematic designs for client approval and preparation of construction documents.
JRS Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
Manage day to day progress of multiple projects, work with clients to achieve project design goals and prepare schematic to CD documentation.
• Jerome Avenue Women’s Shelter (Bronx, NY) - Assist Senior project manager with interior renovation and conversion of two existing 20,000 sq. ft. one story commercial buildings into a women’s shelter. Responsibilities include weekly job site visits, developing construction documents and developing “as-built” for project close-out. Attend weekly job site meetings, review shop drawings and submittals, as well as, continually coordinate drawings with engineers throughout duration of project.
• North Fork Bank (Various locations) - Convert existing building into a bank and design proposed floor plan for client approval. Tasks on the various projects included survey existing space, attend weekly on-site meetings with client and contractor, as well as attend meetings for opening of sealed bids. Develop and produce construction drawings, review shop drawings and submittals, and continually coordinate drawings with engineers and vendors throughout duration of project.
New York Design Architects, LLP, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Manager
Duties include manage day to day progress of multiple projects. Work directly with clients to achieve project design goals. Also provide construction documents as well as construction administrative duties through-out projects.
• Starbucks Coffee (Various Locations) - Attend weekly conference calls for status updates on current projects. Conduct site surveys and coordinate drawings with MEP engineers. Produce construction documents and perform construction administrative duties such as RFI’S submittals and coordinate to obtain building permits.
• Private Residence (Brooklyn, NY) - Architectural designer for single family renovation. Develop final design, complete construction documents as well as coordinate weekly meetings with client and contractor thought-out project. I was also responsible for obtaining D.O.B. permits with expeditors.
• Private Residence (Brooklyn, NY) - Project manager/ architectural designer for customized 4,000 sq. ft. single-family wood framed residence. Duties include weekly meetings with client to obtain desired design. Completed construction documents and obtain approvals from D.O.B. for permits. Duties also included coordinating drawings with consultants.
• Freedom Square Condominium (Brooklyn, NY) - Assisted principal with a new 8,000 sq. ft. four unit condominium. Responsibilities include develop construction documents; revise drawings as per D.O.B. objections and coordinate with consultants.
SBLM Architects, New York, NY, US, Junior Architect/ Intermediate Architect
Duties include all aspects of design from schematic to production of construction documentation as well as construction administrative duties. Tasks include completion of the following projects from inception.
• The Home Depot (Various Locations) – Assisted project manager in all phases of design, coordinate with consultants; prepare construction documents; and develop specifications. Responsibilities also included conduct site surveys, coordinate drawing with Home Depot store planning department, and construction administrative duties.
• Whole Foods Columbus Circle (New York, NY) - Involved in preparing construction documents, construction administration coordination with all trades and vendors. Conduct periodic on-site observation of work in conjunction with lead project architect.
• Petco (Various Locations) - Responsibilities include survey of existing conditions and production of construction documents.
Landy Verderame Arianna Architects, New York, NY, US, Intern Architect/ Junior Architect
Responsible for surveying existing sites, assisting in construction administration and providing construction documents for all aspects of projects ranging from banking to residential.
• JP Morgan Chase (New York, NY) - Assisted in the production of construction documents for a new 11,500 sq. ft. gut renovation for a new retail bank.
• Independence Community Bank (Brooklyn, NY) - Assisted project manager with development of construction documents.
• Private Residence (New York, NY) - Development of construction documents for gut renovation of 2,500 sq. ft. luxury apartment.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York, NY, US, BArch, Bachelors in Architecture