I am a graduate of Kansas State University's Master of Interior Architecture & Product Design program with a special interest in the rehabilitation of historic buildings. My time spent studying abroad in Italy and working in London, England has given me a passion for modern design in a historic context. My thesis work involved the rehabilitation of a local grain elevator into a mixed-use facility that incorporates residential units. I pride myself in my ability to see potential in places that have been overlooked by others.
Reinhardt & Associates Architects, Omaha, NE, US, Intern Architect
- Works with the team to design and detail civic, religious, commercial, and residential projects throughout the Midwest
- Serves as the LEED representative for the firm on the renovation of a civic project that is expected to meet LEED Certification.
- Works with the team to write specifications and select furnishings, materials and finishes for various projects.
- Performs routine computer maintenance and serves as the first line of technical support for the office.
HEAT Architecture, London, GB, Architectural Assistant
- Worked with the team to design high-end residential projects in England and Portugal
- Created working drawings, construction details, schedules, presentation drawings, and models for projects at all stages of the design process
- Submitted applications for planning permission to local Planning Departments; met with clients, contractors, and consultants to assist in project development
- Worked with the team on the design and submission of HEAT’s entry to the Room for London pod hotel contest
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, US, MArch, Interior Architecture & Product Design
My studies focused on the intersection of interior design and architecture. I worked to create interior spaces that were modern, inspiring, and highly functional. Design studios also incorporated product design and furniture design and construction courses.
Thesis work: Buildings Recycled: searching for an holistic approach to sustainability
Cumulative GPA of 3.765
Jack C. Durgan Interior Architecture Award
Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship 2005 - 2010
Klover Architects Inc. Scholarship 2007
Jack C. Durgan Interior Architecture Award, Award
Awarded by Kansas State's IAPD professors upon graduation to the student who exhibits exceptional skill at designing spaces that incorporate high design at all levels of detail.
Midwest Student Exchange Award, Scholarship
Received and maintained for 5 years at Kansas State. Awarded to students with a high GPA upon entering studies at KSU.