see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Architectural designer specializing in construction technology, detailing and an approach that carefully integrates building systems with modern architecture.
CCS ARCHITECTURE, New York, NY, Designer
- Production of drawings from concept packages to permitting and 100% CD sets
- Direct contact with variety of clients, from SD through CA
- Wide variety of projects seen through construction
- Wide experience in design and production of schematic design materials and concept packages for
houses and restaurants. Extensive experience in both graphic production work, and coordinating with
larger teams to create presentations under tight deadlines
- Coordination with engineers, interior designers and various consultants from lighting to food-service
- Construction detailing both interior and exterior
Independent Design-Build (whole-house renovations), Various, Project Manager/Designer
Have bought and renovated 6 homes since 1998, designing and general-contracting all work. The last project (see portfolio excerpt, attached) was an energy-smart modernization of a 70's New England contemporary.
Other projects ranged from a high-rise condominium in the Dupont Circle area of Washington DC to 2 single-family bungalows in Washington state.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst Center, MA, US, Instructor of Record
Was awarded a full tuition scholarship and stipend. Served for 3 semesters as instructor of record for courses focused on digital drafting, modelling, as well as other analysis and representation methodologies. For 2 other semesters, worked as teaching assistant for courses encompassing Rhino 3D and scripting, and Mechanical Systems & Energy Efficiency.
Regele Builders, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
Worked in a contract-basis for this Union Square based general contractor, while taking prerequisite night courses prior to beginning Master of Architecture program at UMass.
Carried out project management and estimating for high-end New York City homes and galleries, for this Union Square based general contractor. Focus was Manhattan projects in the $4 to 8 Million range.
- Estimating projects during bid process. This included reviewing drawings, completing labor estimates and material take-off’s, managing the subcontract bid process, communicating with architects and engineers on design questions, and preparation of bid documents
- Project management, including field supervision of projects in the $4-6 million range
- Direct interface with clients and architects during the construction process
- Researching specifications to prepare for purchasing and construction of various building systems from green roof systems to specialty HVAC equipment, to soundproofing systems
- Design and drafting: in summer 2008, completed construction drawings in AutoCAD for a 2000 SF live/work space. Worked with principal to resolve design problems, and completed all drawings for construction
Independent Design-Build (general contracting), Bellingham, WA, US, Owner/Project Manager
Operated this successful small design-build contracting firm, partnering with local architects and employing three full-time people. Completed various residential projects such as additions and kitchen and bathroom remodels.
Trammell Crow Company, Washington, DC, US, Capital Projects Manager/Facilities Manager
Provided construction and property management for this international firm, serving clients such as TIAA-CREF, CITIGroup, Travelers Insurance, Georgetown University, and other institutional and private investors in all aspects of building operations and capital projects.
- Served as project manager on capital improvements to existing properties, such as elevator modernizations, structural work, re-roofing, and mechanical retrofitting.
- Managed multi-million dollar capital and operating budgets, in all aspects from regular operations, energy usage, contract services and construction projects.
- Oversaw contractors and teams of up to 10 full-time employees including maintenance, landscaping, security, management and office staff, including supervision of 100+ contract services employees at a time, as well as supervision, hiring and firing of direct reports.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst Center, MA, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
Concentration on Integrated Building Systems.
Product of the Year, Accessories category: For Fire Orb rolling hearth.
Tau Sigma Delta Society, Other
Induction to Tau Sigma Delta is an academic honor, based on GPA.
AIA Henry Adams Medal, 1st Place
An AIA recognition of the top student in the graduating class of each accredited architecture professional program.
Design competition; our entry was one of three chosen by the jury to represent Umass Amherst in this regional competition.