Valley Brook Farms, Lebanon, NJ, US, Garden Center Sales Assistant
• Maintaining health and appearance of plant stock, pricing, handling a high volume of financial transactions, addressing customer questions, re-organizing and stocking gift shop, and installing custom container gardens at clients’ homes.
• Strengthening plant knowledge and communication skills while managing a fast paced environment.
Apple Tree Landscaping, Inc., Whitehouse, NJ, US, Landscape Designer
• Meeting with clients for residential design consultations, taking site measurements, and detailed site analyses.
• Generating high end residential designs custom to client wishes and functional solutions to any existing problems.
• Hand rendering plans and producing 3D models in SketchUp, then working on site with plant layout prior to installation.
• Continue to bolster familiarity with plants and materials, and improve design and communication skills.
K and C Land Design, Union, NJ, US, Landscape Designer
• Initial consultations with clients including thorough site analyses and measurements.
• Drafting, hand rendering, and 3D modeling of high end residential designs using a combination of computer programming and hand rendering.
• Interacted with municipalities regarding zoning specifications, created construction details, and take-offs for large scale parking lot paving. Increased plant and construction material knowledge through field experience.
Frazier Industrial, Long Valley, NJ, US, Marketing Assistant
• Conducted research concerning LEED certification for the industrial steel racking company’s manufacturing and distribution facilities. Presented suggestions for company to become more environmentally friendly, including ways to market updates.
• In charge of updating company’s customer database spreadsheet. Acquired skills in persistence, organization, and research through communication and feedback with customers, salesmen, and co-workers.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD, US, Bachelors, Landscape Architecture
• Completed 8 consecutive studios including fundamentals in graphic design, digital rendering, computer-aided design and drafting, concept development, site engineering and planning, regional design, urban design, and community design.
• Landscape Architecture, Architecture, and Music course taken in Italy, Summer 2010
• Cumulative GPA 3.7