Marc Béïque, Inc. is a full service architectural firm committed to the success of your project. We offer comprehensive professional services in architecture, construction management and related specialties. Your project can benefit from our extensive knowledge and over thirty years of experience, brought to you at reasonable cost.
With expertise in commercial, educational, residential and institutional sector projects, our team of professionals is ready to assist you in navigating the increasingly complex and highly regulated building construction environment.
Working collaboratively, our goal is the dependable delivery of functional, budget-sensitive solutions reflecting your values and needs as well as your dreams and desires. As LEED accredited professionals, we can also help you address the challenge of sustainability—balancing economic growth, social development and environmental protection—so that future generations are not compromised by actions taken today. To protect your interests, we strive to comply with the requirements of all authorities having jurisdiction
The result of our mutual efforts is true design excellence, where your functional needs are met in an economical manner, with beauty and grace.
As professionals, we work reliably in your best interest. We will always spend your money as if it was our own, and we will consistently be honest and forthright in our relationship with you.
You deserve the best. Our accent is on service. Please let us know how we may assist you today.
Marc Beique, Inc., President
Lead all aspects of business operations, including client relations, contract administration, and specification development. Cultivate relationships with client stakeholders to foster business development and to ascertain design needs. Prepare detailed construction documents to secure building permits and approvals.
* Spearheaded design, development, and implementation of a proprietary automated specification writing solution, customizing applications to enable fully edited specification section adhering to California building codes, client requirements, industry standards, and sustainable systems such as Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) and Collaborative for High-Performance Schools (CHPS).
* Coordinated integration of Autodesk’s Revit 3-D building information modeling (BIM) solution to provide high-quality digital renderings to streamline approval and construction processes.
* Designed and prepared construction documents, securing zoning board and historic agency approvals to remodel and expand Del Monte Golf Course single-family dwelling by nearly 2-fold.
LPA Inc., Project Director
Directed construction administration projects through all lifecycle phases. Established relationships with owner’s representatives, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, inspectors, and local officials to identify needs and develop solutions. Managed RFIs, construction change and payment requests, and document updates.
* Guided LPA through insourcing of construction document quality control services, including formal specification writing for structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing/HVAC initiatives.
* Recognized for implementing first California Division of the State Architect (DSA) approved steel sheet pile retaining wall as part of $43M renovation of Eureka High School’s art deco campus.
* Oversaw construction administration, architectural site representation, and design team management for construction of Ruby Bridges Elementary School in Alameda, California.
* Administered design-build project for construction of Science Building 36 at San Mateo Community College, including planetarium, astronomical observatory, science laboratories, and classrooms. Navigated project successfully through all phases of commissioning and testing.
* Attained record of having 0 projects litigated.
Marc Beique & Associates, Inc., Principal Architect
Oversaw all facets of business operations, including business development, sales and marketing, account management, financial management, and information technology management. Interfaced with client stakeholders to identify needs and to prepare construction documents. Directed administration of construction contracts.
* Managed construction site representation for $50M Laguna Beach High School modernization project, including renovated classrooms, gymnasium, and track & field facilities along with new dance studio and handicap accessibility construction.
* Coordinated site representation and construction contract administration for new elementary school campus as well as 4-story civic center in Watsonville, California, resolving constructability issues and ensuring compliance with safety and building codes.
* Guided construction administration for numerous residential remodeling projects, including renovation and restoration of 2-story historic home in Pacific Grove, California.
The Sienna Company, General Partner & Corporate Director
Led production and business administration activities. Collaborated with partner to develop new business, craft design solutions, deliver proposals, engage municipal officials, and work with contractor teams. Recruited, hired, and trained up-and-coming architectural and construction administration talent.
* Navigated Chartwell School through selection and acquisition of property from the U.S. Army’s Fort Ord, obtaining ordnance removal certification, performing topographical and environmental surveys, and developed initial site development and building plan for the country’s first USGBC-Certified LEED-platinum school.
* Directed construction document review and led construction field observations for 18 months to proactively identify and remedy more than 230 material specification, construction method, building code, and schematic discrepancy issues for 2 separate multi-family dwelling projects for Quiring General and Barry Swenson, general contractors (clients).
* Authored new Tenant Store Design & Construction Manual and facilitated multiple store build outs and enhancements for the Del Monte Shopping Center.
Rice University, BArch, Architecture, Fine Arts
Rice offers a 4+1+1 program leading to the first professional degree in Architecture, where the first single year is performed working as an intern in a recognized architect's office. In my case, I worked for Helmut Jahn in the then C. F. Nurphy & Associates office in Chicago, IL.
Please note that after a year of study, I changed my initial major and re-applied to the School of Archtiecture.