AMRUTA KULKARNI (email@example.com)
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Dr. B.N. College of Architecture, Pune University, India
Jacquet Construction Services, LLC, New Orleans, LA, US, Intern Architect
RESIDENTIAL (Single and Multi-family)
• Involved in design of a 1600 sq.ft. characteristic double shotgun house in New Orleans Historical District Area. Planned the internal layout of the building and developed the façade. Worked in close association with the Historical District Landmarks Commission and City Planning Department in regards to the house.
• Involved in re-development of a 26 condominium complex destructed by Hurricane Katrina. Developed a new façade for the whole complex, reconstructed the interiors of all the units and did some site improvements.
• Involved in development of a 21000 sq.ft. commercial complex which included site development, façade design, assistance in preparing electrical and plumbing layout and site supervision on regular basis. Conducted regular site inspections and interacted with sub-contractors and suppliers on regular basis.
• Worked on conceptual design of a restaurant in an up-coming commercial area on the west bank area of New Orleans.
• Involved in proposal writing and estimation for a renovation work for the National Finance Centre, Department of Agriculture. After being awarded the contract, worked on the submittals, scheduling, interacted with sub-contractors, prepared shop drawings. Interacted with the client on regular basis.
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, US, Graduate Teaching Assistant
• Supervised design studios and assisted students in design development
• Assisted professors in preparing class presentations by collecting data, making power point presentations
• Assisted in setting up annual exams and graded them.
• Allocated and evaluated weekly projects, guided students in their research and graded the weekly assignments
Vozac Architects, Pune, India, Design Architect
• Prepared architectural working drawings for a 100 unit multi-family residential complex
• Assisted in the spatial design and interior layout of individual units
• Prepared electrical and plumbing layout for the units
• Prepared presentation drawings for interior design and layout of a 5000 sq.ft IT company office
• Prepared an estimate for the design and then assisted in preparing architectural working drawings
• Designed furniture details for custom made reception desks, and conference table
• Made regular site visits to inspect work progress
• Contributed in the design of a pharmaceutical facility and prepared the submission drawings
• Prepared the architectural working drawings and coordinated with the contractor for extension of a distillery project
Vozac Architects, Pune, India, Intern Architect
• Worked on the 200 bed KMM Hospital project in Pune. Prepared some parts of working drawings
• Designed details for railings and windows for the hospital
• Prepared presentation drawings with rendered two and three point perspectives
• Designed an outdoor play area for an orphanage affiliated to the hospital
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
Masters Thesis: Investigation of Energy Efficiency in Multi-family Housing Development in hot and arid climate of Tucson, AZ
o Design incorporates sustainable community oriented residential planning
o Studied the effect of placement and proximity of units on campus planning scale
o Evaluated the effects of various building elements on energy performance in hot and arid climate
Masters Project: Worked on schematic design of a 120 bed Rincon Community Hospital near Tucson, AZ which included
o Site study, analysis and defining sustainability criteria for climatic zones
o Conceptual spatial design
o Creating 3D computer models and simulating energy performance of buildings
o Evaluating its LEED performance
University of Pune, Pune, India, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture