Architecture For Humanity, New York, NY, US, Assistant Membership Coordinator (Volunteer) + Active Member
- work directly with board to coordinate events, email distributions
- Currently working to plan a service day for the organization
- Active volunteer on projects with AFH: Post-Sandy Surveys and Sustainable South Bronx
- Surveyed Hoboken post Hurricane Sandy; documentation became part of the report developed by AFH NY Headquarters
- Designed Sustainable South Bronx office and classroom space; schematic design developed and presented to client
-Organized a service day event as part of Archtober in NYC
Jacobs/Kling Stubbins, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer
- Produced and coordinated construction documents for multiple train stations in the United States under the Amtrak Station Development Program (ASDP) for interior and exterior renovations
- Coordinated and designed packages for the SHPO (State Historic Preservation Office) for Amtrak; which included: historic research, survey documentation and proposed design drawings and renderings
- Produced and developed renderings and diagrammatic drawings for a retail design proposal. The proposal was prepared for a developer based in New York City.
- Designed, detailed and produced drawings for a CitiGroup building . Scope of work is based around flood mitigation. Design focused on flood barriers around the perimeter of the building, located in downtown Manhattan.
- Designed and programmed a lab space for a leading pharmaceutical company
- Construction administration and design documentation (in Revit) for a mission critical project; submittals, coordination with contractor, and all internal disciplines.
SLAB Architecture PLLC, Brooklyn, NY, Architectural Intern
SLAB is commitement to "advancing design through research and experimentation". Thus, working at SLAB has provided valuable experience in design and production. I worked closely on the final construction documents for a new residential apartment building in Brooklyn. My work has entailed several other projects such as offices, retail stores and other residential homes.
Moving Theater Company, New York, NY, US, Production Assistant (Volunteer)
- member of the productions and construction team for a small performance art theater company
Jacobs Engineering, Boston, MA, US, Architectural Intern
- Worked to complete a nation-wide project with CVS Pharmacy; produced construction documents and rendered elevations
Garrison Art Center, Garrison, NY, US, Graphic Design/Marketing Intern
- Assisted in marketing the center through designing and producing brochures, flyers and other marketing materials using InDesign
Compostela Architecture Institute, Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain, Summer Intensive
Participated in a 3-week Architecture Intensive in Santiago de Compostela, Spain
The program included lectures, discussions, hands-on material workshops and a final project
Our project was based on the Camino, a walk from the Pyranees to Santiago Cathedral. Traditionally this was a religious experience, but today people do it for various reasons. We explored the pilgrims, the culture, the reasons for walking and the existing materials. We came to realize that the Santiago has many inactive buildings and areas, such as the unfinished City of Culture (by Peter Eisenman). Our proposed path brings pilgrims through these inactive areas, in hopes that they activate them and breath new life through the city of Santiago.
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, US, BArch, Architecture
Completed the 4 years B.S. Arch program with a focus in Form and Culture
Completed (2) 3-month internships as a part of the program
Participated in 3 years of design studios (6 semesters)
Traveled abroad during my 4th year to Berlin, Germany and around Europe