JACOB BALIAN | ARCHITECT
Malibu, California 90265
- A Licensed Professional Architect in State of CA. 18 years.
- Experience. Principal Architect/Project Manager/Construction Manager for all phases of Architecture/Interior Design/Construction including Schematic Design through Construction Administration including Construction Services on Development projects.
- Responsibilities. Interviewing Clients/Owners/Developers/Committees to determine Scope of Work/Budget/Schedule.
- Work has been in the Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Burbank, Malibu cities/counties requiring understanding of their respective codes/permitting procedures and interfacing with their representatives. Work has included CUP/Architectural Review Board/Variances/Coastal Commission processes/procedures.
- Projects have included Residential, Commercial, Restaurants, Institutional.
- Volunteer Services. Overseeing Design/Engineering Department responsible for projects throughout Los Angeles. Interfacing with various Committees to determine Scope of Work/Budget/Schedule. Interviewing volunteers, overseeing personnel & consultants, deliverying projects according to Committee guidelines. Developed and Delivered Design Lecture Series.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced in balancing priorities for short-term and long-range goals
- Able to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- A strong history of completing projects on time and within budget
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environments
- Recognized as a creative and practical problem-solver
- Energetic, positive, and self motivated
- Enthusiastic, creative, and willing to assume increased responsibility
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE | ARCHITECTURAL PROJECTS
Commercial Projects 1996 - Present
- Perry Ellis TI New York - Millworks Services
- Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses - Architectural Services
- Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses - Interior Design Services
- Google TI New York - Millworks Services
- ABC Mortgage Services Office Building - Architectural Services, Project Management Services, Construction Administration Services
- Café Pierre / Manhattan Beach - Architectural/Construction Management (1997 / 2005)
- Twins Club / Rancho Cucamonga, Architectural Services
- Inglewood Chamber of Commerce / Inglewood - Architectural Services
Residential 1996 - Present
- Adams, Torrance
- Sarthou Residence - Studio City
- Berger Residence, Santa Monica
- Gordon Residence, Malibu
- Brewer Residence, Burbank
- Pasquini Residence, West Hills
- Kent Residence, Los Angeles
- Hill Residence, Los Angeles
Development 1997 - 2000
- Beach Residence – Santa Monica
Volunteer Services 2001 - Present
- Kingdom Halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses – Los Angeles City/County
- Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses – San Diego Area
A & E PLOTTER SUPPLIES | PRINCIPAL 1984 - 1989
- Owned /Operated CAD Supplies Company
- Government Contracts
GENSLER/BOB ILLES 1984 - 1989
- Architectural Model Building.
EDUCATION | LICENSE
Bachelor of Architecture 1989 | University of Southern California
- John Parkinson Scholarship
- Summer Abroad Program & Scholarship: (Rome, Florence, Venice, Vienna, Paris, Amsterdam, & London)
Licensed Architect: State of CA since 1996
- AutoCAD | Sketchup | Microsoft Word | Excel | Outlook
TELEVISION APPEARANCES | PUBLISHED - HGTV Designer’s Challenge
- Varady Residence
- Burns Residence
- Adams Residence
~ References Available Upon Request~