• Skilled in Project Management, High Stakes Exam security and development, Web 2.0 Marketing and Branding, Architectural Design and Documentation, Construction Administration, Code Implementation, Risk Analysis, CAD management, Firm Management and General IT support.
• Facilitated discussion groups for technical and professional development.
• Experience implementing Federal Agency design standards including, General Services Administration, Architect of the Capitol, National Park Service, Department of the Navy, and Smithsonian Institute.
• Familiarity with multiple types of Architecture and Design including single family residential, multifamily residential, commercial, mixed use developments, historic preservation, community centers, performing arts centers, recreation centers, collegiate athletic centers, fire and life safety, museums, religious, and federal.
• Workplace settings include offices from 2 to more than 150 employees.
USI Commercial, Chantilly, VA, US, Architectural Field Resource Manager
• Manage the process of the creation of As-Built Surveys including interfacing with subcontractors, supervising an in house CAD drafting team, and act as a liaison to the commercial operations order management team.
• Review and revise operations and procedure for the commercial As-Built Drafting department.
• Assist sales and the commercial operations department in the creation of RFP responses, acquisition of new clients, and creation of the scopes of work.
LeMay Erickson Willcox Architects, Reston, VA, US, Project Manager
• Responsible for developing and managing the Multifamily Tax Credit Development Sector and managing the Market Rate Multifamily Development Sector with a focus on accessibility compliance.
• Grew our relationship with our Elderly and Affordable Housing Tax Credit Development client (TM Associates) from a single project to the development of 18 projects with a total billings of over $1 Million.
• Managed $2 Million in billings of Market Rate Development for Elm Street Development.
• Oversaw the VHDA Tax Credit application, Earthcraft (Viridiant) certification, Design & Construction processes.
studioSML, llc, McLean, VA, US, Principal
• Responsible for managing the company accounting, designing projects, and marketing.
• Founded the company and developed the business through new project leads.
• Performed a feasibility study for a green roof project at The US Department of Energy.
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB), Washington, DC, US, Manager, ARE Ethics & Audit
• Responsible for Security and Statistics for the national Architect Registration Examination (ARE).
• Initiated a department wide audit of processes, meetings and communication for a risk analysis study.
• Created a system for protecting candidate’s identities during the investigation process.
• Implemented internal protocols for web 2.0 monitoring for copyright infringement.
Hughes Group Architects, Sterling, VA, US, Technology Coordinator & Intern Architect
• Responsible for technology strategic planning, local & o#site IT support, and managing architectural projects.
• Improved office wide productivity by negotiating a second plotter at no additional cost.
• Developed a structured budget for IT by implementing a 5 year hardware deployment plan.
• Managed a 55,000 SF $34.7 million project from Design Development through Construction Administration.
• Administered a plan to achieve LEED Gold Status from a projected LEED Silver Status with no additional cost.
The Preston Partnership, Falls Church, VA, US, Project Coordinator
• Responsible for coordinating architectural drawings between the design department & associated engineers.
• Served as the assistant project architect and managed document production amongst the project team.
• Generated digital project renderings that the client used to successfully sell the project.
architrave, p.c. architects, Washington, DC, US, Designer
• Responsible for producing architectural drawings and speci!cation review for federal construction projects.
• Produced projects for the Smithsonian Institute, National Park Service, Architect of the Capitol, and others.
• Acted as general on-site IT support for the o"ce.
Brian Gille Architects, New Orleans, LA, US, Intern-Architect
• Responsible for minor project documentation and drafting, reception, and maintaining the product library.
• Devised and instituted a standard procedure for digital records maintenance.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, US, MArch, Architecture
• Concurrent MArch & BArch
• Certificate in Preservation Studies, Minor in English, Minor in History.
AIA Northern Virginia Service to the Chapter Award, Award
Virginia Society AIA - Emerging Leaders in Architecture, Nomination
Nominated by the AIA Northern Virginia Chapter to be a part of the 2012 class.