I have been residing and working in China since December of 2010. I have worked in the NE cities of Shenyang, CN and Dalian, CN & currently in Shenzhen which is adjacent to Hong Kong. I have completed designs for a 500 room 5-Star Hotel and renovations for a 29 Villa complex of historic Russian Homes. I am currently involved with resort design & planning near Shenzhen and mixed-use development in Zhongshan. I am looking for a possible return to the U.S. and/or combining Chinese experience and connections with the right opportunity, *having come to China primarily for economic conditions regarding global issues and China's building boom, and the experience that working in China provides. I am a registered Architect in California, Georgia, and NCARB. I look forward to hearing from you.
P.R. China Project Experience :, Design Architect (Architectural, Landscape, and Interiors)
December 2010 to present:
Project Director / Design & Concept Leader – HYN Architecture Design; Shenzhen, China :
• Shenzhen Mountain Villa Complex (Luohu District)….
• Shopping Mall Project Design for Shunde …..140,000 m2
• Design for Mixed-Use High Rise Complex in Shunde….
• Design for Castle Bay Complex….30,000 m2
Project Designer Architect – Dalian, China :
• Design Architect (Architectural, Landscape, and Interiors) for “29 Villas of Dalian”….travel to ‘Project City’ of Dalian in NE China from Shenzhen. Work was relative to the renovation of 29 historic 19th century Russian Homes into a 7-star exclusive resort. I completed landscape planning and interior design work for individual Villas. The work environment was with 1 other American and 8 Chinese interns along with the Chief Design Officer Li Dong Sheng.
Project Architect / Project Manager – Shenyang, China :
• Chief Architect/Designer for 500 room Hotel, Garden Villas, V.I.P. Villas, Hilltop Villas and Townhomes in new town of Benxi, China comprising 78,409m2 and Master Planning for surrounding Private Residential Properties (3 separate nodes) comprising 1,353,597m2.(334 acres); work was in association with Luxun Academy of Fine Art and overall design of enlarged community (6,000,000m2 = 1,482 acres) including international town and shopping street, further themed residential development, hospital, school, services, etc.
• Chief Architect for 160,000m2 site in Yingkou, China for client ‘JiaChen Group’ (Fortune 500 listed). Master planning and design for 22 – 30 story residential towers, research complex, chairman’s estate, townhomes, apartments, kindergarten, clubhouse, b-ball, tennis, landscaping, etc. within F.A.R. 400,000m2 allowable; Feng Shui applied principles north/south orientation, etc.
U.S.A. Project Experience :, Senior Project Architect / Manager
January 1981 to December 2010 :
Architect - San Francisco, California :
• International Design Group in Monterey, California….
• association with contractor J. Spaulding regarding 6 million USD tree house for Pixar
executive / tree house is constructed from steel and concrete with faux leaves and bark by
• associated with San Francisco AIA in seeking bay area projects….
• study of Greene & Greene Architects, Church of Christ Scientist by Bernard Maybeck and
Julia Morgan Architecture in Berkeley, California ….
• renovation to Lotivio home expansion in Alameda, California….
• design study for Joseph Kim residence in Berkeley, California.
Senior Project Manager – Hilton Head, S.C.:
• large low-country style residences in Palmetto Bluff, Hilton Head Island….
• Oceanwalk Condominium Renovations (4 million),
• Land Rover Dealership,
• mixed-use design for Theater-Retail-Office,
• Kobe Japanese Steakhouse addition, Plantation Center Restaurant & Retail….
• light commercial, and large residential homes in new development of Palmetto Bluff ….
• Lyall estate…
• Moulton (*voted Best in American Living Award – Las Vegas…Jan. 19th, ’09),…
• Agin residences ….completed design development drawings for Bates Residence in
Belfair Plantation 8000 sq.ft….
Project Architect – Honolulu, Hawaii
• military and private sector projects; traveled to Okinawa, Japan in conjunction with work on
Kadena Air Base upgrades to military housing…
• North Shore Residence, Oahu / Vatistas…
• Kapolei Irish Pub…
Architect – Hilton Head, S.C.
• residences in Hilton Head @ Sea Pines, Port Royal, Wexford, and Spanish Wells &
surrounding coastal areas including Kiawah Island…
• adherence to coastal hurricane codes and local aesthetic standards for each plantation
Project Architect / Project Manager – Atlanta, Georgia :
• Hospitality and Resort project experience; Project Manager for Windward Marriott (full-
service hotel) - schematics thru construction documents and 2 year construction process as
construction administrator; worked with owner, developer, engineering disciplines,
consultants, and contractor,…
• Project Architect for renovation of Holiday Inn to Crowne Plaza in Atlanta / Buckhead &
Milan Restaurant …
• design development for Marriott - Bridgewater, N.J. and Hilton Garden Inns…Project Mgmt.
for U. of Florida Conference Center in Gainesville, Florida.
Architect – Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, California:
• completed building designs through A.R.B. permitting process & coastal permit approval in
an extreme politically and ecologically sensitive area within the jurisdictions of Big Sur,
Carmel, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Monterey, and Salinas,…
• work included residences – large (6 – 10,000 sq.ft.) to small scale (1,700 sq.ft.) utilizing
T.J.I. and M.L. joist construction with adherence to California Energy Code requirements
and earthquake resistant detailing,…in conjunction with John Matthams International
• completed estate (15,000 sq.ft.) and site development for the Crown Prince of Tonga
(H.R.H., South Pacific),…
• retail projects – L’Ambience retail space (1,500 sq.ft.) / Del Monte shopping center, and
Marco Polo’s Leather Shoppe (1,700 sq.ft.) / Carmel Plaza – Kazuhiro Kono, Owner…
Architect – Atlanta, Georgia:
• large commercial projects including speculative office buildings, hotel and resort
• The Ritz Carlton (22 story – 600 room unit hotel), Monarch Office Building complex,…
• Roswell Summit Phase 100 & 200 (60,000 sq.ft., 3 floors, Garcia’s Restaurant (15,000
sq.ft.),(*moved to California to gain new experience)
Georgia Institute of Technology, BArch, Architecture
Bachelor of Science, College of Architecture,…Member of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity,…Dean’s List,….7-A’s on Terminal / Final Project; An Audio Visual Center for the Louvre / Paris.
Southern Polytechnic State University, Bachelors, Architectural Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Architectural Engineering Technology,…Honors: elected to Tau Alpha Pi National Honorary Engineering Society.
University of California, Berkeley, Landscape Architecture & Art
summer coursework primarily field survey in landscape architecture under Professor Robert J. Tetlow, M.L.A.