Outgoing and enthusiastic student. Studied in architecture, environmental protection, climate change and sustainability solutions. Additional interests include art and design, ecology and zoology. Quick learner, intuitive thinker and collaborative colleague. Computer savvy, particularly with design programs.
US Joiner, Crozet, VA, US, Design/Engineering Intern
Assisting with design processes, updating and organizing spreadsheets, creating the US Joiner book of 2012 standards, general help around the office etc.
Climatecommunication.org, Boulder, CO, US, Videography/ general Intern
Worked with Climate Communicator Susan Joy Hassol at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. Created documentary films about climate change impacts and implications for a new website Climatecommunication.org. Interviewed numerous senior scientists at NCAR including Warren Washington, Kevin Trenberth and Greg Holland.
True North Environmental, Charlottesville, VA, US, Field Assistant
Part time field assistant for Vincent Day, planting stakes for High Resolution Electrical Resistivity (ER) Imaging. Locating Groundwater for local homes and businesses.
Camp Manitou, Parry Sound, ON, CA, Camp Counselor and Wakeboard/Waterski instructor
Worked for 4 summers at a 2 month sleep away camp, counselor for 8-15 kids and wakeboard/waterski instructor during the days. Operated camp's boats, taught and lifeguarded.
Yestermorrow Design/Build School, Semester in sustainable design/build
Currently enrolled in Yestermorrow's undergraduate semester in sustainable design/building. I am involved in a hands-on collaborative process of designing and building an architecturally innovative high performance building. Under the guidance of Yestermorrow’s expert faculty, we explore the theory of sustainable design and acquire and apply the technical skills required to turn a carefully considered design into a successful built structure. http://www.yestermorrow.org/
Skidmore College, Enviornmental Studies
BA, Environmental Studies (Major), Studio Art (Minor)
• Environmental Studies and related coursework includes: Earth Systems Science (Geology), Environmental Concerns in Perspective, Culture and Natural History of Madagascar, Literature and the Environment, and Environmental Sociology, Landscapes of the Ancient World, Field Studies in Environmental Science, and Environmental Art.
• Amateur documentary filmmaker, focused on environmental issues. Made a film December 2010 for American Farmland Trust to raise awareness about the Farmland Protection Program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4O3UDH7QlM
• Currently Enrolled in: Vernacular Forms and the Design/Build Movement , Design and Visual Communications Studio, Sustainable Building Systems, Materials and Methods, Sustainable Design
• Architecture Program at Cornell University, Summer 2010. Experienced with Google sketch up, experienced in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Photoshop, and Final Cut.
• Extensive field studies in the Saratoga Springs area with the Environmental Studies program. Studies include: Impact of local invasive species- Burning Bush density and its correlation to open spaces such as roads and trails. Analysis of Dissolved Oxygen and Temperature in Relation to Depth of Water in Loughberry Lake, Winter 2011. The Limiting Nutrient and Trophic State of Loughberry Lake in February, 2011. Etc.
• Participated in projects connecting art and the environment over the years, including those developed in environmental art coursework. Researching art exhibits in relation to conservation and the environment. Specifically "Environment and Object: Recent African Art" at the Tang Museum located on Skidmore Campus. http://greenmuseum.org/exhibitions_index.php http://tang.skidmore.edu/app/public/webroot/files/uploads/eoa2/index.html
• Experienced in drawing, painting, sculpture, and welding. Advanced construction experience. Studio Art and Art History classes in: Basic Ceramics, Visual Concepts, Landscape/ Memory in Visual Art, Form and Space, Drawing, Color, Art History, Jewelry and Metals, and Filmmaking/ Photoshop.