Yale University, Summer Sustainability Intern
• Review of completed research on Yale’s ecosystem services and existing landscape features.
• Design for a pilot area of landscape options in accordance with sustainable land management goals.
• Creation of a summary report of sustainable attributes for each option.
The University of Texas at Arlington, Sustainability Intern
• Involved with the Committee for Tree Campus USA application.
• Involved with the Committee for Bike Friendly University application.
• Worked on conceptualizing and organizing the Green Bike Program for UT Arlington.
• Worked on opening a bike shop on campus.
• Worked on designing and organizing the Recyclemania –a 10 week international competition which takes place every fall.
The University of Texas at Arlington, Research Assistant
• Worked on rooftop inventories of different Central Business Districts of North Central Texas to better understand storm water management, rooftop uses and pedestrian use of spaces.
• Analyzed over 30 different case studies across USA and Canada as a part of research for NCTCOG to develop guidelines for Transit Oriented Development in North Texas.
Hue Designs, Intern
• Designed interiors of residences, two 89 acres Government housing projects and terrace gardens for single-family homes.
• Worked on the firms’ entry to the IIID (Indian Institute of Interior Designers) competition which was chosen as the third best.
• Gained better perspective of construction details through supervising site visits.
The University of Texas at Arlington, Masters, Masters in Landscape Architecture
• MLA emphasizing in Landscape Architecture and Urban Design
CSI Institute of Technology, BArch, Bachelors in Architecture
• B.Arch emphasizing in Landscape, Architecture, and Urban Design
• Graduated with the distinction of being in the top 1% in a class of 70
• Participated in several Co-curricular and extracurricular activities
Sustainability award, 1st Place
Received the Sustainability award for a poster presentation of the research topic ‘Lindbergh City Center: Case Study of a Transit Oriented Development’.
Honors award, ASLA Texas chapter, 1st Place
Received the Honors award as part of a team in the General Design category of the student competitions in Austin.
President’s Graduate award, 1st Place
Received the President’s Graduate award for a poster presentation of the research topic ‘Lindbergh City Center: Case Study of a Transit Oriented Development’.
Finalist in the photography category of the Microsoft Imagine Cup, Other
One of the 6 World finalist’s teams selected out of 800 teams in the Photography category. Submitted photo essays with the themes being ‘Imagine a world where technology enables a better education’ and ‘Heart of Seoul’ in the initial and final rounds respectively. Finals were held at Seoul, South Korea in 2007.
Citation-Nari Gandhi Trophy- Synergy of Symbols and Metaphors in Architecture, 1st Place
NASA- National Association for the Students of Architecture is a national forum in India which has different themes each year with categories divided based on architect names.
Led a team for the Nari Gandhi trophy-a competition based on urban planning and social setting and won the National Level Citation (1st place) for- Documentation of UNESCO supported National Heritage site “Osmania Arts College”, Hyderabad, India for a theme titled ‘Synergy of symbols and metaphors in architecture’.