see all...Viewing 3 out of 12 projects
Well-known in the South Florida green building community for more than 10 years, I have a sincere devotion to improve the performance, function and aesthetic qualities of our buildings and our communities. With experience and knowledge in applying sustainable design principles to buildings and neighborhoods, my work encourages the conscientious engagement between community and residents to create socially responsible, low impact projects.
The Spinnaker Group, Project Manager / LEED Certifying Agent
Sustainability consultant and project manager for privately owned and government LEED certified projects in South Florida. Delivered LEED charettes, provided oversight of design and construction teams, including development of integrated design concepts and alternative design strategies. Provided LEED education, construction document and specification review, construction administration - and was primary interface with Green Building Certification Institute from project registration through final certification.
• Consulted as LEED AP / Project Manager onover a dozen LEED certified projects
• Taught sustainable design and LEED certification standards to numerous cities, counties, professional organizations and student groups, including over 20 USGBC chapter events and 10 major conferences in U.S., Puerto Rico and Cayman Islands
• Extensive experience with volunteer team building, committee oversight, public speaking, government education and advocacy, community and volunteer relations and integration of sustainable design policies and practices
• Oversaw program of 50+ monthly events for audiences up to 500 people for U.S. Green Building Council South Florida Chapter
Garcia Stromberg, Project Manager/Sustainability Director
Sustainability director / senior project manager - working in two architectural offices in South Florida. Worked at every phase of design and project management for construction of more than 20 projects. Projects include high-end private residences, cooperative dwelling, resort and leisure, commercial, and mixed-use projects located both in the U. S. mainland and abroad. (Descriptive list of all projects available upon request).
• Responsible for all aspects of project management from concept sketches through construction administration; coordination of initial project programming, site studies, master planning, client presentations and coordination with jurisdictional authorities and incorporation of sustainable design practices & initiatives.
• Managed projects and teams through fabrication of architectural and site models, design and construction scheduling, tracking and maintenance of project budgeting and coordination with engineering consultants and clients.
• Prepared agreements, final construction documents and project specifications, VE and quality control, budget and post occupancy review and interior design of all finishes, materials and furniture specification.
• Followed AIA protocol for contract administration with general contractors and clients (receivables, milestone submittals, pay applications, compliance field observations, shop drawing review, etc.).
• Designed, managed and constructed more than 20 projects from 3,000 to 300,000 sf.
• Successfully managed multiple project studios/teams for collaboration on large scale resort and leisure projects while meeting client schedules and budgetary requirements
• Instrumental in development and integration of company-wide AutoCad standards and sustainability guidelines including LEED education and AP training for 45 person firm
• Established and managed intra-office hiring, peer-review and quality control protocol
• Production and management of professional graphic design and layout for client and internal marketing collateral – including logos, website, branding, brochures, magazine ads, marketing, etc.
Arizona State University, Bachelors, Architecture
Onondaga Community College, Architecture
Recognized for service as President of the U.S. Green Building Council - South Florida Chapter; 2010 - 2011
Recognized for service as Chairman of Treasure Coast and Palm Beach Branch; U.S. Green Building Council - South Florida Chapter; 2008 - 2009