Graduated as an architecture student at NYIT pursuing his B.ARCH degree. Formerly an art major at Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School, he now aims to become a registered architect, enhancing his projects with his artistic instincts. He has participated in local and school competitions and interned at a variety of architect firms. He volunteered in an architecture community service project as part of the FREEDOM BY DESIGN chapter of NYIT and currently volunteers for ENYA at AIA New York.
Recommendations by previous employers:
“I highly recommend David Flecha. His value is based on a broad knowledge base of architecture and a genuine passion for design excellence. His work is consistent and reliable.”
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Expert
John Calderon (AIA, LEED AP BD+C), J.C. Calderon Architect PC
hired David as a Architect Intern in 2010
September 15, 2011
“David worked with me to put a Power Point presentation of a lecture I gave at New York Institute of Technology In October 2009. He did excellent work and was creative in the presentation. "
Top qualities: Great Results, On Time, Creative
Thomas Rochon, Principal, Thomas Rochon Architects
hired David as Architectural Graphic Consultant in 2009, and hired David more than once
July 7, 2010
“I have the pleasure of knowing David since he was a high school student participating in the ACE program which I mentored. ACE is a afterschool mentoring program from high school student to discover what it means to be an architect, an engineer, or any other disciplines that are related to the building and construction industry. From the start, David has shown a lot of enthusiasm for the program and the tasks that were assigned to them. He was amongst one of the few who have close to perfect attendance and came prepared to present the problems that were assigned to them, be it a sketching assignment or model building. David excelled in the program and I would hope also helped him determine his career path into taking architecture major in college.
I was also his supervisor during his summer internship at di Domenico + Partners. He performed to the standards of the firm and was motivated to take up new challenges.
David is now attending NYIT and will be finished with his professional degree in another year. His commitment to his passion in architecture is exemplary. I am ascertain that he will achieve great things in his future.”
Top qualities: Personable, High Integrity, Creative
Rita Kwong, Architect, di Domenico + Partners LLP
hired David as a Architect Intern in 2007
As a Student:
August 7, 2009
“David was in my Visualization course at NYIT. He always finished his projects on time and worked hard during the weekly computer workshops. He has a great command of the autocad and revit software and is not afraid to experiment with different rendering techniques.”
Ethan Lu, Principal, Metropolitan United Studio, PLLC
taught David at New York Institute of Technology
F. Fernandez, AIA, LLC, Weehawken, NJ, US, Architectural Designer
SDS Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY, Junior Designer/CAD Operator (Part Time)
+ Head CAD Manager/Operator
+ Schematics and Construction Drawings
+ Coordinate with developer's and owner's needs for projects.
+ Site Surveys
+ Building and Site analysis/zoning research
+ Material research
- 75 Columbia Street, Brooklyn, NY
- 27 Cranberry Street, Brooklyn, NY
- 25 Great Jones Street, New York, NY
OTIS Elevator Company, New York, NY, US, Project Draftsman for World Trace Center Transportation Hub (Part Time)
- Organizing together construction drawings packages of MEP systems, elevator/escalator machinery/electrical, logistic plans, and
detail drawings of components for installation.
- Attend coordination meetings with Tishman Construction, assisting in any issues regarding our systems in the
Transportation Hub. Create BIM models for coordination and assuring that the proposed systems work with proposed design.
- Shop Drawings revisions from other construction trades.
- Construction site visits and surveys.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York, NY, US, Architecture Woodshop Work Study Student
Report to Woodshop Manager. Assist students with woodshop machinery and laser shop. Consult students on how to complete their models.
American Institute of Architecture Students, New York, NY, US, Freedom By Design Second Team Captain
- Volunteer Project: Freeport Boxing Gym (Schematic and Construction Drawings)
- Worked with chapter head in community service projects in office and site. Projects ranged from handicap accessibility construction to
community boxing facility for teenagers. Helped with projects through construction documents and getting students to volunteer.
- Created the local chapter website along with the local AIAS chapter website.
J.C. Calderon Architect PC, New York, NY, US, Architect Intern
- Construction Documents, 3D Sketch Up models. (Hunter College Day Care Center, New York, NY)
- Assisted in managing tasks within project development and document preparation for Department of Buildings and Landmark. Minor
construction management of interior renovation projects at location site. (Co-Op Units at Upper West Side)
- Created spreadsheets of submitted Department of Building documents and application status with Excel and Word.
MTA New York City Transit, New York, NY, US, Architect Intern for the MOW Engineering Department
- Worked with engineers to create and edit construction documents for the MTA Subway communication rooms.
- Conducted site surveys of communication rooms to document new updates and new hardware.
di Domenico + Partners, LLP, New York, NY, US, Architect Intern
- Reorganized firm catalogs and material samples by construction codes and corrected shop drawings.
- Conducted site surveys with associates for school contracts awarded by the New York School Construction Authority.
MTA New York City Transit, New York, NY, US, ACE Mentor Program Architect Intern
- Worked with civil engineers to create a design proposal for Governor's Island. Presented at the ACE Ceremony at the
MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Golden Key International Honour Society
Graduated Tau Sigma Delta Architectural Honor Student
Graduated Magna Cum Laude Academic Distinction
Dean's Award of Excellence, Award
Recognition of demonstrated excellence throughout the college years.
NYIT Fourth Year Urban Design Award, 1st Place
Recognition for Team Urban Design Project: IN_FUSION in Freeport, Long Island.
Team: David Flecha, Jay Hakimian, Kin Hei Lam
AIA Queens Innovative Housing Award, 2nd Place
Recognition for housing design project: Hidden Gardens: Overlapping Grid Design.
Competed among team students from Columbia GSAAP, Pratt Institute, and New School.
Was the only sole competitor entry.
Award for recognition of academic achievement.