23 years professional experience in architecture and design, with a diverse portfolio of retail, commercial, residential and high rise projects in terms of size, scope and complexity.
My technical expertise in design combined with my practical knowledge of construction and project management provide the basis for working with clients, project managers and engineers to assure project needs and expectations are fulfilled.
My specialties include Architectural Design, Interior Design, Space Planning, Construction Documentation, CADD (2D & 3D), Graphic Design, Technical Design Review, Project Coordination, Construction Oversight and Supervision.
Aljazeera Media Network, Doha, Qatar, Architectural Project Manager
• Project Manager for the Aljazeera Media Network Master Plan. The ongoing project is to create a master plan for the existing headquarters in Doha, Qatar. Job responsibilities included managing a team to conduct an existing facilities inventory, identifying opportunities for future growth and Concept Design documents for specific projects identified within the master plan framework.
• Project Manager for a new studio set and newsroom for Aljazeera Arabic. The 1,970 m2 (21,200 sf) project includes a 5-person presenter’s desk for set 1, a stand up position as set 2, and an adjacent enclosed program studio. In addition, the project includes a state-of-the-art newsroom for 96 persons. Job responsibilities include conducting design workshops, managing end-user requirements and approvals and coordinating studio set interface with existing civil/MEP conditions.
• Project Manager for a new studio set for the Aljazeera 360 Morning Studio. The 1,215 sm (13,078 sf) project consists of 3 set configurations which allow for individuality in program identity and unity in the overall 360 degree space allowing freedom of camera positions and movement. Set 1 utilizes a panoramic glass façade and view of the landscaped exterior with RoscoView technology enhancing the camera and lighting optimization to react to environmental conditions. Sets 2 and 3 are stand-alone locations with Eyevis video walls and integrated Eyevis frameless screens. Job responsibilities include conducting design workshops, managing end-user requirements and approvals and coordinating studio set interface with existing civil/MEP conditions.
Ismael Leyva Architects - Qatar, Project Manager
• Project Manager for a 5-Star hotel in the Al Sadd area of Doha. The 7-story, 14,175 sm (152,578 sf) project includes 144 rooms with separate men's and women's pool and spa facilities, a business center and two ballrooms. Job responsibilities included initial design, complete DC-1 drawing submission, construction drawings, and coordination of DC-2 engineering submission.
• Project Manager for a competition to design a Multi-Purpose Sports Hall to be located at the Aspire Zone. The project includes a 20,000 seat stadium with equipment to allow the facility to be used for swimming, basketball, running, gymnastics and cycling events in addition to exhibitions. Job responsibilities included coordinating the production of competition drawings and documentation with ILA's office in New York, and producing the final presentation.
Ismael Leyva Architects - New York, Senior Project Architect
• Senior Project Architect for a mixed use LEED Silver rated project known as Heron Towers in downtown Seattle, Washington. The project included a 44 and 43 story tower composed of condominium and hotel floors over a 10 story base of offices, hotel amenities and retail with 8 levels of below grade parking for 932 cars. Job responsibilities included initial design, facade detailing, construction drawings and coordination of engineering drawings.
• Senior Project Architect for a 5-star hotel known as the Falling Waters Golf Hotel as part of the Flower of the East development on Kish Island, Iran. The 7-story, 42,895 sm (461,711 sf) project included 216 rooms with separate hotel spas and rooftop pools for men and women. Job responsibilities included initial design, facade detailing, construction drawings and coordination of engineering drawings.
Vincent Cusumano Architect, Associate
• Site Construction Administrator for a $42 million dollar, 110,000 sf Asian American Center donated by Charles Wang to SUNY Stony Brook. Job responsibilities included assisting the Principal in taking over a non-competitively bid project, auditing each trade's progress and re-bidding each contract to save a total of $12 million dollars and complete the project ahead of schedule.
• Project Architect for a 5,900 sf new residence in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Fully responsible for the project from initial design to construction documents. Coordinated engineering drawings and permit approvals.
• Project Architect for a 66,000 sf retail shopping center known as Holmdel Commons in Holmdel, New Jersey. Job responsibilities included initial design, construction documents and construction administration.
• Project Architect for a 23,000 sf office for Investment Technology Group, a financial investment software company located in Culver City, California. Job responsibilities included intial design and 3d project renderings.
Stephen B. Jacobs Group, Assistant Project Manager
• Assistant Project Manager for a $38 million dollar new residential apartment building for the elderly known as Riverview Housing in Edgewater, New Jersey. Job responsibilities included producing construction documents and coordinating engineering drawings.
• Assistant Project Manager for various interior renovations of existing Citibank branches throughout New York City. Responsibilities included producing construction documents and design revisions.
EI ASSOCIATES, Job Captain
• Job Captain for over 40 Sprint PCS cellular antenna installations throughout New Jersey and New York City. Job responsibilities included surveying existing site conditions and production of construction documents, often requiring LPC applications and approvals in New York City.
• Job Captain for a 73,210 sf Early Childhood Learning Center addition and renovation to the existing Donald A. Quarles Elementary School located in Englewood, New Jersey.
HOK, Intern Architect
• Intern Architect for a multi-story multi-million dollar hotel known as the Pluit Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia. Job responsibilities included creation of the project's design guidelines and building program, as well as construction drawings for the building's entrance lobby and passenger elevator interiors.
University of Cincinnati, BArch, Architecture