I have nineteen (19) years of progressive professional experience in architecture and design, with a diverse portfolio of retail, commercial, residential and mixed-use high rise projects in terms of size, scope and complexity.
My technical expertise in design and graphics combined with a practical knowledge of construction and project management provide the basis for working with clients, project managers and engineers to assure that project needs and expectations are fulfilled.
My specialties include Architectural Design, Interior Design, Space Planning, Construction Documentation, CADD (2D & 3D), Graphic Design, Technical Design Review, Project Coordination, Construction Oversight and Supervision.
Ismael Leyva Architects, Project Manager
• Project Manager for a 5-Star hotel in the Al Sadd area of Doha. The 7-story, 14,175 sm (152,578 sf) project includes 144 rooms with separate men's and women's pool and spa facilities, a business center and two ballrooms. Job responsibilities included initial design, complete DC-1 drawing submission, construction drawings, and coordination of DC-2 engineering submission.
• Project Manager for a competition to design a Multi-Purpose Sports Hall to be located at the Aspire Zone. The project includes a 20,000 seat stadium with equipment to allow the facility to be used for swimming, basketball, running, gymnastics and cycling events in addition to exhibitions. Job responsibilities included coordinating the production of competition drawings and documentation with ILA's office in New York, and producing the final presentation.
Ismael Leyva Architects, Senior Project Architect
• Senior Project Architect for a mixed use LEED Silver rated project known as Heron Towers in downtown Seattle, Washington. The project included a 44 and 43 story tower composed of condominium and hotel floors over a 10 story base of offices, hotel amenities and retail with 8 levels of below grade parking for 932 cars. Job responsibilities included initial design, facade detailing, construction drawings and coordination of engineering drawings.
• Senior Project Architect for a 5-star hotel known as the Falling Waters Golf Hotel as part of the Flower of the East development on Kish Island, Iran. The 7-story, 42,895 sm (461,711 sf) project included 216 rooms with separate hotel spas and rooftop pools for men and women. Job responsibilities included initial design, facade detailing, construction drawings and coordination of engineering drawings.
The Paul Rudolph Foundation, Co-Director
• Co-Director of the Paul Rudolph Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization established in 2002 by a group of friends, colleagues and former associates with the intent to further the preservation, knowledge and understanding of the work of Late Modernist architect and educator Paul M. Rudolph (1918-1997).
Vincent Cusumano Architect P.C., Associate
• Site Construction Administrator for a $42 million dollar, 110,000 sf Asian American Center donated by Charles Wang to SUNY Stony Brook. Job responsibilities included assisting the Principal in taking over a non-competitively bid project, auditing each trade's progress and re-bidding each contract to save a total of $12 million dollars and complete the project ahead of schedule.
• Project Architect for a 5,900 sf new residence in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Fully responsible for the project from initial design to construction documents. Coordinated engineering drawings and permit approvals.
• Project Architect for a 66,000 sf retail shopping center known as Holmdel Commons in Holmdel, New Jersey. Job responsibilities included initial design, construction documents and construction administration.
• Project Architect for a 23,000 sf office for Investment Technology Group, a financial investment software company located in Culver City, California. Job responsibilities included intial design and 3d project renderings.
Stephen B. Jacobs Group, Assistant Project Manager
• Assistant Project Manager for a $38 million dollar new residential apartment building for the elderly known as Riverview Housing in Edgewater, New Jersey. Job responsibilities included producing construction documents and coordinating engineering drawings.
• Assistant Project Manager for various interior renovations of existing Citibank branches throughout New York City. Responsibilities included producing construction documents and design revisions.
EI ASSOCIATES, Job Captain
• Job Captain for over 40 Sprint PCS cellular antenna installations throughout New Jersey and New York City. Job responsibilities included surveying existing site conditions and production of construction documents, often requiring LPC applications and approvals in New York City.
• Job Captain for a 73,210 sf Early Childhood Learning Center addition and renovation to the existing Donald A. Quarles Elementary School located in Englewood, New Jersey.
HOK, Intern Architect
• Intern Architect for a multi-story multi-million dollar hotel known as the Pluit Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia. Job responsibilities included creation of the project's design guidelines and building program, as well as construction drawings for the building's entrance lobby and passenger elevator interiors.
University of Cincinnati, BArch, Architecture