An architectural professional with substantial experience in BIM implementation; Lead and Coordinate BIM Projects; Project Management; and CD production.
In addition to the BIM-related expertise and experience, I have hands-on and supervisory experience in managing, maintaining and directing multiple projects from Project Initiation through Construction Administration - including Conceptual design, Design Development, CD production, Permitting, and Bidding.
As Project Manager, I have worked with responsibilities of a typical licensed architect. In addition to Coordination of architectural design & details; Code review & check for compliance; Supervision of CD production and Detail Redlining_ my duties also included extensive Interfacing with Clients, Consultants, Building officials and Product Vendors.
In course of working on various projects in various firms, I received extensive training & experience, and I can consider myself as being very knowledgeable in Code Compliance, especially the Accessibility Design Guidelines. In my recent NJ employment, I was the 'go-to' person for Code Compliance issues even on projects that were managed by other managers.
Very proficient in Revit, ADT, AutoCAD. Worked in 3-D BIM environment from beginning to end - including complete CD production - of multiple projects. Also very proficient in Imaging, Visualization, Multimedia, Presentation, World Wide Web, Desktop Publishing, Database, and of course, most Office Suite applications, including Project Management programs.
B.Arch. (Architecture) + M.S. (Building Design) .
La Rocca Greene Architects, BIM Manager / Architectural Project Manager
Lead office-wide BIM deployment and Implementation. Set up multiple workstations with latest version of REVIT. Build and manage Revit Family library.
BIM Model Leader, PS 106X. A NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) school project. About 40,000 SF ($25 mil.) addition to an elementary school in the Bronx. Work in Revit and develop & maintain Architectural BIM Model; Collaborate with external consultants; Coordinate with 4 additional BIM models from Structural and MEP engineers. Clash Detection. Conflict resolution. Produce Construction Documents.
Self, Free-Lance Consultant
Multi-Specialty Doctors' Office, Queens, NY: Functional Programming, Schematic Design and Final Space Planning for Interior Tenant Improvement work, including Selection & Design of Interior Finish & Furnishing.
Other small-scale residential extension, remodel, violation-removal etc.
Jose Carballo Architectural Group, PC., Architectural Project Manager
Combination of supervisory & hands-on work. Project Management from Conceptual Design phase through CA phase.
Supervision of CD production and detail redlining; Code Review & Check for code compliance; Interfacing & coordination with Clients, Consultants, Building Officials and Product Vendors; Design and develop Site Plans, Space Plans, Elevations, Sections, Details etc.;
Work in REVIT, AutoCAD & Architectural Desktop and Develop 3-D BIM models & 2-D CAD drawings and produce full set of Construction Documents; Coordinate architectural design & details; Prepare complete Project Manual (Specifications); Review Shop Drawings.
Completed Managed Projects:
- 115-Unit Luxury Townhouse Subdivision (22 Bldgs, 3 Bldg Types, 5 Townhouse Types, 421,000 SF, $29m);
- 55-Unit Luxury Condo Complex (5- to 11- Story 4 Bldgs, 14 Unit Types, Steep slope site, 228,000 SF, $17m);
- 40-Unit Apartment Building: 5 floors of residential over 3 levels of parking garage (114,000 SF, $8.5m);
- 18-Unit Apartment Building (26,200 SF);
- Jain (Hindu) Temple (Assembly & Community Facility, 9,600 SF, $2.5m),
- 6-story Mixed-use Building (20 Apt. Units over Retail & Business, Extensive Gut Improvement & Reconstruction, 39,500 SF, $4m).
Fuller & D'Angelo Architects and Planners, Jr. Architectural Project Manager / CAD Manager
* For larger projects, coordinated projects under Sr. Project Managers, during Design Development and Construction Document phases, including partial supervision of CD production.
- Design and develop Site Plans, Space Plans, Elevations, Sections, Details etc.; Produce CAD drawings; Coordinate architectural design & details; and Check for code compliance.
- Project type: Educational (K-12 Schools).
* For smaller projects, complete Project Management and Supervision of CD production from Project initiation through CD phase, including Coordination with Consultants and City Officials, in addition to duties of larger projects.
- Project types: Multi-Family Residential, Educational (K-12 Schools), and Public (Mixed-Use).
* As CAD Manager, re-organized company CAD Library & CAD Production Standards and authored a new CAD Standards Policies & Manual, outlining CAD Layer Standards and CAD File organization system.
Woolsey Studio, Inc., Architectural Project Manager, CAD Manager / Information Systems Manager
* As Architectural Project Manager (April '01 - October '02): Project Management from Project initiation through CD phase, including Supervision of CD production.
- Designed and developed Site Plans, Space Plans, Elevations, Sections, Details etc.;
- Developed 2-D CAD drawings & 3-D CAD models;
- Coordinated architectural design & details and Checked for code compliance;
- Coordinated with Consultants and City Officials.
- Also did some Construction Administration.
- Project types: Single Family Residences, Multi-Family Residential (Condominiums), Commercial TI (Office space, Health Club, Retail), Institutional (Behavioral treatment facility), and Tribal Cultural (Offices, Museum).
* As CAD Manager (October '99 - March '01): Planned, coordinated and maintained CAD Production Standards.
- Was responsible for Planning, policy making, maintenance and support of company Information Systems, including hardware, software and network.
- Also maintained company web site www.woolseystudio.com, including creation and updating of ‘trackable’ project profiles containing DWF drawings of design and project developments.
Martens & Associates, Job Captain / CAD Manager
Project Management, Supervision and Production of construction documents:
- Coordinated architectural design & details, Checked for code compliance, Coordinated with consultants, and produced CAD drawings.
- Project types: Custom Residences, Educational, Commercial and Industrial.
Searer, Robbins & Stephens, Inc., Architectural Designer / Job Captain
Under Principal Architects, planned & coordinated projects from schematic design through CD phase:
- Developed 2-D CAD drawings and 3-D CAD models,
- Coordinated architectural details & dimensions,
- Checked for code compliance,
- Produced construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- For selected projects, also worked in Bidding & Negotiation and Construction Administration.
- Also worked as Project Manager in some projects, where duties included interfacing & coordination with Clients, Consultants and Building Officials.
- Project types: Commercial (Office space, Retail TI), Educational (Charter Schools, Classroom/Computer Lab), Tribal Institutional (Behavioral treatment facility), Governmental (Fire Stations, Airport communication center), and Healthcare Facilities (Dialysis Centers).
Gabor Lorant Architect, Inc., Architectural Assistant
As a summer internship under the Senior Principal of the firm, worked entirely on AutoCAD in design development and final submittal stages of major on-going projects, including Phoenix VA Hospital’s District Counsel Offices and City of Phoenix’s PWD Service Center.
Hi-Tech Consultants Ltd., Dhaka, Bangladesh, Architect-in-Charge
Led the architecture department of the small sized A/E firm, and was responsible for developing all architectural designs, details, and presentation renderings of all projects, including direction & supervision of traditional non-cad CD production.
Project types included Business (Multistoried office buildings), Healthcare (Multistoried Hospitals, Health Centers), Mixed-use (Multistoried shopping/apartment complexes), and Private residences.
Arizona State University, Masters, M.S. in Building Design
Concentration: Computer Aided Design.
M. S. Thesis Project: “Prototyping a Computer-based Design Assistant for the Conceptual Phase of Auditorium Design”: Development of a new knowledge-based computer application for aiding architectural designers.
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), BArch, Bachelor of Architecture
5-Yr Professional Degree. Foreign equivalent to NAAB accredited program.
B. Arch. Thesis Project: “University Center”: Complete design of the complex, including 1400 seated auditorium, 2500-seated amphitheater, ‘Central Plaza’, and central games, recreational, conference, lecture, food & other facilities.
Dean's List, Award
College of Architecture & Env. Design, AZ State University.
Dean's List, Award
College of Architecture & Env. Design, AZ State University.