I’m a dynamic and ambitious designer with 3 years of experience in various projects and a strong desire to excel in this profession.
Motivated by innovation and meticulous
Process oriented, result driven, and perform well under pressure
Hard working, detail oriented, and reliable
Min. 8 years of experience with widely-used programs such as Auto-CAD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop,Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Office.
Efficient with Hand Rendering and 3D programs such as 3D Studio Max, Rhinoceros, Revit, SketchUp, Digital project, Geomagic, Scripting –Processing, Rhinoceros, and tools such as Laser-cutting, and 3D-Printing (Plastic & Powder).
Books and Publication - I contributed in the production of Architectural Glass facades and enclosures by Mic Patterson and Living Systems 2 by Alex Robinson.
Research Scholar - Involved in research, drafting and organizing drawings and material for USC faculty Professor G.Borden.
IES Lighting Competition May 2011
USC School of Architecture Renovation Competition 2006
Pretty in Pink Fashion Competition 2008
Freelance Architect/ Design Consultant, Brentwood,CA, Designer/ Clerk of the works
Supervised and managed construction and remodeling of a 2000 sf single family house.
American Export Lines, Los Angeles, CA, US, Marketing Developer
- Provided marketing strategies and enhanced AEL's sales capabilities internationally.
Van Tilburg, Banvard & Soderbergh (VTBS Architects), Santa Monica, CA, US, Junior Designer
Worked closely with the project architect on conceptual phase, schematic design and construction drawing phase on large scale residential, commercial, and mixed use projects.
- Articulated schematic design schemes and drawings and also constructed construction documents for 25 acre Ventura Road Town Homes,100,000 sf Pico Sepulveda-Exposition Mixed use project, 476 acre Long Beach Senior Housing, and 40,000 sf Bower Retail Center.
- Contributed to the firm’s other ongoing projects at various design stages and scales. 100,000 sf Olive and 14th Lofts, Pico Veteran Senior Housing, and 6.9 acre Orangewood Ave Apartments are examples of projects I partook in.
- Met with clients for presentations and progress reviews.
- Also prepared presentation and marketing material for potential clients and competitions such as Gold Nugget.
Freelance Architect/ Design Consultant, Santa Monica,CA, Designer/ Project Manager
Renovated a 1000 Sf single family house cost effectively while managing all aspects of design and construction.
Westgroup Designs, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Intern
Also Employee from : August 2003 – August 2004
- Produced conceptual and schematic design drawings for a 2,000 sf private barn and a 3,000 sf private residence in need of minor renovation.
- Generated and revised construction documents for 9.8 acre GTE Middle School, 22,000 sq City of Lynwood Annex remodel, and 6,000 sf Hugo Boss South Coast Plaza renovation.
- Assisted in the preparation of project proposals, specifications, presentation, and competition material.
- Created physical models as well as 3D models for client presentations.
JTD Architects, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Intern
-Worked closely with the project architect on conceptual phase, schematic design and construction drawings on a 10,000 sf single family housing in the San Fernando, California.
- Rendered site plans and building elevations and other architectural drawings in a schematic design for renovation of a 100,000 sf hotel rooftop in Santa Monica, California.
- Met with clients to discuss prepared drawings and used tools such as physical models and hand renderings for client presentations.
University of Southern California (USC), MArch, Architecture
Thesis-Design: Transit Oriented Urban Revitalization and Wasteland Reuse in LA/Geoff Manaugh
Design: Encoding matter emergent architecture / Roland Snooks
Design: Residential Mixed Use Development / Graeme Morland
Computer Programming in Architecture: David Gerber;
Continuous Matter - Swarm Intelligence: Roland Snooks;
Skin & Bones - Glass Façade Design: Mic Patterson;
Landscape Reclaimation, Construction Materials: Alex Robinson;
Advanced Environmental Systems: Sandra Novales
University of Southern California (USC), BArch, Architecture( 5yr professional degree)
USC, Graduate School of Architecture Scholarship Award for ‘09-‘10, 1st Place